Shaco...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dad Plad

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-05-2010

I just really hate going up against Shaco. He seems to be able to do way to much damage without any items. Anybody have a solid counter for this hero?

vr10

05-05-2010

Oracles and wards.
Or tanks...

Louise

05-05-2010

don't get into a position where he can bring the fight on his terms.

it's like this. he has a strong initiator, if he lands it and then you're lower than him and you have less minions around than him, he'll press and win. if the reverse is true you'll see him hit and run, getting his strong attack off then running the hell away till he can use it again.

if you're ranged you want to harass him while you can to keep his HP lower than you and keep him off of last hitting. if you're melee you really want to be laning by your tower otherwise shaco just has the harass advantage and you'll die to him every time.

I Can Heal Aids

05-05-2010

As I just started playing Shaco, I can tell you a couple of things that annoy me and I notice. As Shaco, when I initiate, the first reaction the other player has is to turn his back and run away. NO! Don't do that, most of the time you can bring the fight down to the 50 hp difference. Unless you're Exhausted/Have a good escape mechanism/its 2v1, try and take him down, a lucky crit/dodge might make the difference, trying to run away wont, he'll just slow you and kill you. This works sometimes, not foolproof..

Thornmail is also pretty good against shaco, and should make the previous method a lot more effective.

Focus him down on teamfights. As shaco, I always feel like I'm not very useful until the teamfight is almost over, and I can decieve in and get a couple of kills.

Wards/Oracle.

Azghyn Nite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by vr10 View Post
Oracles and wards.
Or tanks...
Some tanks dont work that well. Wards and oracles dont really help since he has a second stealth. Its easier to catch him this way so he dies faster but if he can kill yoou anyways its not gonna help..

Vienna

05-05-2010

Trying to stop Shaco when he's in the jungle is usually wasted time unless you're really well coordinated about it. Ping marker on him if he splits in vision range. Focus him like crazy if he breaks stealth.

Pray he doesn't have support.

A Graceful Seal

05-05-2010

thing about shaco, is even at 50% hp hes deadly.

he'll just clone, attack you, slow you, disappear and BOOM you're done.

I'd suggest don't buy wards or oracles since his invis is only 4 seconds, but rather, try to harass him here and there so if he does try to engage you, you'll have more of an advantage. He's very strong one on one, so honestly I'd just suggest, play smart and stick to your partner.

Inorashi

05-05-2010

Really against shaco you have to really on the person controlling him making a stupid mistake, other than that he is really unkillable. The only way would be to stunlock him (i play shaco and stuns get me all the time). If you team has no stuns, im just gonna get 42 kills

malphismia

05-05-2010

Play as Shaco. Then you will learn how to beat him. This applies to all champs really.

TheOneTrueAustin

05-05-2010

I find that Silence is highly effective on Shacos for the most part. In general though, he is one of the more difficult champs to deal with and you just have to kind of go for him as a group. He'll probably escape regardless, but at least that way you won't be dying every couple of minutes.

Only champ I hate dealing with more is Zilean.