Garen Buffs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gorkins

08-07-2011

I know theres a few out there that were advocating for Garen buffs, so obviously we gotta see what these buffs are but it seems they went in a completely different way in buffing Garen. Most people were advocating for scaling damage. So they're giving tank and utility buffs, if this can make Garen more baseline tanky so Garen can focus more on damage and less on actual tank items, this could indirectly solve some of Garens lack of scaling problems. We'll have to see though, but I look forward to seeing what they are

Decisive Strike movement speed duration increased to 4 seconds from 3 seconds
Judgment cooldown reduced to 13/12/11/10/9 seconds from 14/13/12/11/10 seconds
Courage maximum armor and magic resistance now 25 at all ranks from 5/10/15/20/25

Okay so I like this, the key one here is the Courage letting you get the full benefit at rank 1, so it's a pretty easy decision to put one point in that and rank up DS/Judgement. The extra second will come in handy.

And they said they werent buffing his damage but they lowered the cooldown on Judgement? Sounds like a damage buff to me, but whatevs not gonna complain

Ceiria

08-07-2011

Slightly lower CD on DS and better scaling i think would be best

Gorkins

08-07-2011

I wonder if they'll "un-nerf" Courage and put it back to 35 armor/mr

Ceiria

08-07-2011

30% damage reduction sounds nice already, i'd like 35 ar/mr too por favor

DrakeDeath0

08-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceiria View Post
30% damage reduction sounds nice already, i'd like 35 ar/mr too por favor
Have you even played Garen recently? His Courage give 36% reduction @ lvl 5 of the skill when activated, although it is still only 25 ar/mr. You also have to realize, that with armor per lvl seals, and mr per lvl glyphs, Garen gets an enormous 117 armor & 102 mr @ 18 WITHOUT ANY tanky items. That being said, I'm looking forward to the buffs, I like playing Garen. :P

Ilifalre

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-07-2011

I agree. Garen's dps scaling is ridiculously good. 10 bonus dmg translates into 36 more dmg on spin and 14 more dmg on Q. His probem arise from the fact that he can't afford to build dmg. He is just too dmg squishy without building tank or tanky. In my experience I have found that if you build warmogs, atmas, FoN you can then build IE and last whisper on him and start pumping out INCREDIBLE dmg without being so squishy you melt. Problem with this build is you have to start with the tank items and rarely will you get to even the first component of IE or Last Whisper. Hopefully these utility changes will make Garen viable more as a dps. Personally I don't like being pigeon holed into tank build or feeder.

Ceiria

08-07-2011

Yes, i play him quite often, cept i never payed attention to his W's % reduction, and only knew that it went over 30%

Cloud Potato

08-07-2011

Interesting that Garen isn't getting a damage buff, but it's too bad they didn't really say what they're buffing about him. When they release the AD Caster item they've mentioned a few times he will surely be much better.

HappyFuzzyPeachy

08-07-2011

yay garen buffs!

Ceiria

08-08-2011

I'm ok with them not buffing his damage, cause atm, I build pure Damage based and it makes me a one hit wonder, blow someone up then GTFO before i get blown up. more survivability would be nice.