Mastery Talent Readjustment Suggestions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Douchebag Mcgee

09-09-2009

For this thread I would like to see people post the mastery talents they think should be changed and what should be changed about them. Specifically take a mastery and rewrite what said talent should do. We're beta testers, instead of crying at the devs to change them, we should be offering them suggestions on what to change and how.

Below is a list of the talents I believe should be changed and how I personally would rewrite them.

OFFENSE

Sunder -
You physical attacks ignore 2%/4%/6% of targets armor

Offensive Mastery - Increase the damage you deal to minions by 2.5%/5%

Brute Force - Increase you champions attack damage by 2%/4%/6%

DEFENSE

Mender's Faith - Increases the amount your heal spell restores by 2% per level, and reduces the cooldown by 10 seconds.
(The current static 75 increase to heal is almost overpowered in the early game, but starts to wane in the late game. This change makes it so heal at lvl 1 heals +2% and at lvl 18 heals +36%. This change would keep the spell balanced throughout the game.)

Hardiness - Increases your champion's armor by 2%/4%/6%

Resistance - Increases your champions magic resistance by 2%/4%/6%

Defensive Mastery - Your champion takes 4%/8% less damage from minions and monsters.

Veteran's Scars - Increase your champion's health by 2.5%/5%/7.5%/10%

Tenacity - Decrease all damage dealt to your champion by 6%

UTILITY

Perseverance - Increases your total health and mana regeneration by 2%/4%/6%

Awareness - Increases the amount of experience your champion gains from minions by 3%/6%/9%

Greed - Increase gold earned from killing minions by 5%/10%
(This change makes the amount of gold earned from greed proportional to the lane skill/dominance of a person. 5 to 10% sounds like a lot but this would only take effect when a person gets a "last hit" on a minion creep. Early game, most creeps are giving around 19 gold. This would give someone an additional 2 gold per creep kill. If you are good at holding your lane and last hitting creeps, you will see a significant gold increase, vs. someone who does not know how to lane.)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1e7d710a0763eb

09-09-2009

I agree with you 100% that it's alot better to make suggestions then to just whine about the things that are already in place in the game.

However, as in most of my posts, I have to disagree with what is being suggested. It is not that I don't want anything to change, it is that the people behind what has already been done have been amazing somehow at hitting the spot on what they want the game to be, and the more I play and read, the more I agree with how the game is right now.

To quote you from another post to made in another thread:
"I think the concern for this game is more about competitive play for regular players. As such, the masteries should be tooled for maximum customization and effectiveness in the level 30 bracket of play."

I believe that this is exactly what the current masteries do. If you add scaling values to masteries like you did here, they might seem more usefull, but I believe they will in fact ruin the viability of different masteries for the different characters.

Example: 6% armor boost from masteries. This will make this skill very good for champions who build for alot of armor. Rammus for instance. However, it will make it close to useless for Ashe because her armor is close to always very low.
(Oh and.. armor already scales by itself. 6 armor gets turned into a % of dmg reduction which scales with increased incoming dmg.)

Ashe however would be alot better with a %age increase in gold gained from killing minions then most others, because she is very good at farming already. A weak farmer will won't get alot from this mastery.

My point here is that there will be less customization if these are implemented, because there will most likely be very clear which masteries are best depending on which champion you play. And at once one is definately better; you can't customize and still be competative.

-Terry