is Ezreal still good?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MultipleDragons

08-07-2011

i see a lot of old threads that say ezreal is one of the greatest champions in the league. but the newer ones dont seem to value him quite as highly. is he still worth saving my IP to buy him for the 6300 price?

im a big fan of ranged champions and i want someone who is maneuverable and can dish out lots of damage both mid and end game.

if anyone could give me the rundown as to how ezreal is nowadays that would be great.

mfmage

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-07-2011

I like him a lot. But I value his manueverabilty high. Other ranged carries are stronger because their skills scale well. Ezreals really don't. His q is a basic attack plus some damage as a skill shot. If it hits it reduces all cooldowns by 1 and it's cd is low so it allows for your ult to be used often. And your passive gives bonus attack speed so AD is the way to go IMO but by going ad, 2 of your skills don't scale. I am a terrible Ashe and an even worse corki so I play Caitlyn and ezreal. He is not the amazing game changer Ashe can be, but he can still hold his own IMO. However, I am talking about normal games where you get a solo mid or top to farm up I don't know how high Elo ranked play differs yet since I'm only just beginning ranked play and am still unranked

RagingDonger

08-07-2011

Depends really! Are you lagging a tiny bit? Is your ping at all above 200? Do you suck with skill shots? Do you hate to kite/poke? Do you think Two Phantom Dancers is viabe (Are you a real noob) If any,Then ezreal is S&*t. If not He's still quite viable still.

MultipleDragons

08-07-2011

i am good with skill shots and i love to kite/poke. i play karthus right now but im looking for someone who is more maneuverable but is still ranged and has strong dps

Duhizy

08-07-2011

ezreal is balanced as a champ but hes harder to play than most champs because even if your good at skill shots your still gunna miss and most other ranged champs( ashe,caitlyn,corki) have a wider radius for their attacks so thats why their considered more viable because you will essentially do more damage for his skill shots to hit the carry that you should be focusing you have to get around the tank and skillfully hit a skilled opponent in competitive play and the only way to do this is if they make a mistake or you get out of position to hit them so the end result is their at half health if your lucky any you die because when your out of position in competitive games you just die then its 4 v 5 and your team loses so its a fact now that for him to be good in high elo games the team has to make mistakes and you shouldn't be playing a champ that is only effective when mistakes are made making pointless when compared to ashe, corki and other top picks HOWEVER in normal games so many mistakes are made that ezreal can be effective in a game so if you r going to only play normal games with him than your gunna be fine with him.

http://www.solomid.net/videoplayer.php?v=499
http://www.solomid.net/videoplayer.php?v=498

this is a video of ezreal played by a pro lol player watch it its played in a normal game and he kills it but this really only happens in low level play imo

FaerellG

08-07-2011

Ez is a wonderful champ still. But as mentioned in the above post, he's a skill shot champ, so if you're bad with skill shots or you're lagging, you're effectively worthless.

Cenerae

08-07-2011

Ezreal as a carry is outshined a bit by a lot of the other AD carries right now, but that's more to do with his skillshot based setup and his relatively short autoattack range.

He does however, have a really strong early game if you are good at aiming your skillshots (watch Reginald play him - he frequently gets early first bloods and stomps his lane), as well as being the only carry (besides Caitlyn) with a long ranged harrassment tool.

If you're good at aiming your shots, Ez is still a decent pick and can do the job asked of him. But in the grand scheme of carries, right now he's not all that good.

MultipleDragons

08-07-2011

would vayne be a better choice?

veczilla

08-07-2011

Ezreal is fun to play. I just got him last week, and I enjoy playing him. I still play normal, so I do not know how he will do in ranked. He might be good in the lower elo's. In normal, he can pretty much dominate because not many people play him and do not know how to lane vs him. He has a fun long range poke with Q and great flash attack(W) for gap closing or escape.

Cycl0ne

08-07-2011

Vayne would only be a good choice if you suck at skill shots.