Best First Blood Position in Bushes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PineapplePine

05-05-2010

Well, I picked 2 spots in the bushes near the edge of the map.

I didn't pick the bushes at the river, but if you want to consider that too, by all means.

The bushes on the edge of the map/wall has 2 bushes, theres one closer to you and one further from you and a gap in between.

Picture 1 shows that you should stand at the edge of the bush that is closer to you and near the gap.

Picture 2 shows you should stand at the edge of the bush that further from your base (closer to their tower)

The pictures will show it clearer.

So out of these two or any you can think of, where is the best place to aim for first blood?

I personally believe Picture 1 is better than Picture 2. Picture 2 you're so close to their tower they can just run away right back to their tower. But for Picture 1, if they don't come then you won't get first blood. For Picture 2, if you have a combination like Morgana, Blitz or Mundo, you can pull them back, snare them, or cleaver them and you might get first blood if they are slow.

Also if things go bad, you can run away faster too for Picture 1.

Lightyears

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-05-2010

The brush closer to your tower; standing just before the gap.

The enemy has further to go to reach the safety of their tower, and your still maintain the element of surprise.

PineapplePine

05-05-2010

Good someone agrees with me

Yet, I dont get why a lot of people from mid elo still run all the way up to Picture 2's location. Then have a minor fight and then run back after losing 25% or so of their health

Lightyears

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-05-2010

I'm mid ELO also, and that's always how I do it. If I PUG, which I barely do anymore, I will explain my strategy to my lane partner and get them to move to my position.

TheHegemuffin

05-05-2010

Just as a side note: If you're playing Blitzcrank and have another ganky champion with you, it's actually best to stand at the bottom end of the top bushes (because the moment they come into the bushes you can see them for a Grab and you get them back almost as far as if you were standing in the bottom bushes without having to rely on them actually coming into the bottom bushes).

However, if you take Clairvoyance with Blitz (as I do) and don't have a particularly ganky champion with you, I strongly recommend standing close to the tower so that your Grab range barely reaches the edge of the bottom bushes. That way you look innocuous as if you're not going for first blood. However, if you're playing with anyone who prefers Picture 2 for the opposite side, then a quick Clairvoyance off the side of the map as you run forward followed by a Grab+Flash into the tower if they're there is a very good way to go for FB, especially if your ally has Exhaust or any form of CC whatsoever. At the very least they'll have to burn their flash as well, which is what you want against Grab.

Sorry to post about something so situational but I thought it might be helpful to people playing as or with Blitzcrank.

Yellow Jester

05-05-2010

Clairvoyance + flash + exhaust + ignite will guarantee a first blood.

If they come into your bushes flash past them into their bushes, then wail on one guy, exhaust and ignite him.

ilovetolmao

05-05-2010

Standing so far back in the bushes allows them to see you the moment they walk into the bushes. Without the element if surprise you have to rely on out damaging them, which is never a good idea.

I generally stand at the very edge of the bush thats closer to my tower. Right next to the gap. That way anyone who wanders into the bush walks straight into you and your teammate. Plus people usually arent perfectly coordinated, which means one person will be ahead of the other when they enter your bush. This makes it much easier to focus on 1 person without vent or any other communication methods. Otherwise your partner may attack a different target and they both get away.

malphismia

05-05-2010

Everything is really situational. Standing at the edge of the brush closest to your tower is sometimes good. But if you're against a pantheon, nidalee, mundo, etc. They will always check the edge by throwing a spear/cleaver/trap into the edge first before going into your brush. Which is why you should stand a bit off, like the middle. When they throw the spear, and they hear no sound, they're going to run in, which is when you go in for the FB

If you're against a blitz, just stay at tower. Even if you're going to chase him all the way to their turret, his pull you to it once he gets there, and all good blitz have flash or clair, so there's no point.

Seirai

05-05-2010

I wouldn't say positioning matters too much, usually it's just when you would think you should pull out, knowing your enemys' summoners' skills and being smart in general. Though I would agree with most, the first bush closer to your tower would give you the advantage, but if both take the same position it will create a intense stalemate.

Though usually, when I play with my decent ELO friends in 5-man premade, first blood doesn't happen as fast as when the minions spawning. I've only seen it happen with a guarantee when they send more than 2 champions into one lane and the two enemy champions are clueless.