Dominion Minion Pathing?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Farlanz

08-07-2011

How are the minions in Dominion going to work?

The map is a giant 5-point circle, and I don't think you can directly attack the enemy Nexus. Since the capture nodes are presumably invincible barring capture by a Champion, do the minions just walk past?

Will the minions just walk in two big circles? Do they just stop when they reach the enemy Nexus? I don't think they would be doubling back.

And, if my suspicions are unfounded, here's a more practical question: what happens if the opposing team captures the top 3 nodes, do the top stream minions walk past the enemy base to attack the bottom opposite node?

Just want some clarification. Large amounts of speculation going on here.

BadgerBarrage

08-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by EggrollGuy View Post
How are the minions in Dominion going to work?

The map is a giant 5-point circle, and I don't think you can directly attack the enemy Nexus. Since the capture nodes are presumably invincible barring capture by a Champion, do the minions just walk past?

Will the minions just walk in two big circles? Do they just stop when they reach the enemy Nexus? I don't think they would be doubling back.

And, if my suspicions are unfounded, here's a more practical question: what happens if the opposing team captures the top 3 nodes, do the top stream minions walk past the enemy base to attack the bottom opposite node?

Just want some clarification. Large amounts of speculation going on here.
Minions DO capture points. When they attack a point they are actually capturing it, not damaging it. (You can see the capture particle coming from minions in the gameplay videos)

I believe minions move to attack adjacent enemy points. I'm not sure what happens to them after they've taken the point.

Minions and champions can NEVER attack the nexus directly. The nexus' are next to the spawn points surrounded by terrain. I would presume that they are unaffected by any skillshots that could get through.

There are five capture points in the circle. The minions walk in the boundaries of the circle. They will never head towards the nexus.

(That's my understanding of it anyway.)

Frogboybri2

08-07-2011

Each controlled node spawns minions walking in each direction. When they hit an enemy node, they try to capture it. If they hit enemy minions, they attack. if they hit a friendly node, they just keep going until they hit an enemy node. The more nodes you hold, the more total minions you will have attacking the enemy points.

Note that this also means that the team that is doing better in node control (meaning they are hurting the other team's nexus more) will have fewer enemy minions to farm for gold. This is a tidy way to ensure that a team that is getting steamrolled will be able to come back and not just get completely destroyed. This is going to be a very fun back and forth mode.