Katarina Build Help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

peyo

05-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etherslash View Post
Um what.... *head asploads* bloodthirsters and zhonya's.... thats just... wow
indeed.

get some magic pen please? Void works lovely in long games

and SotO is better than BT

oh and as for this 'boost', well the 5% boost ain't much... don't say that she became much better with AD build just cuz of 5%

Donovan

05-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by peyo View Post
indeed.

get some magic pen please? Void works lovely in long games

and SotO is better than BT

oh and as for this 'boost', well the 5% boost ain't much... don't say that she became much better with AD build just cuz of 5%
Yeah I think where I run into issues is not getting another MrP item. I like AD for the BB damage for harassing and farming mostly not for DL.

StrawHat

05-05-2010

Okay gentlemen, im going to reveal the best Katarina build. Its not AP, Nor is it AD.
Its HP/Armor.
Runes: Straight Cooldown, all the way across the board. Masteries make sure to get the cooldown in offense and utility. You should have a natural 20% cooldown if not 21 or 22.
1 bouncing blades
2 killer instinct.
3 bouncing blades.
4 shunpo
5 bouncing blades
6 killer instinct
7 bouncing blades
8. Death lotus
9. bouncing blades.
10. killer instinct
11 death lotus
12 and on, max killer instict, then start maxing shunpo last.

End Build. Sunfire Cape X3
Thornmail if faced with enemy phsyical dps, Banshees veil if faced with enemy magical dps.
Ninja Tabi if faced with physical dps, mercs if faced with magical dps.
Rylais sceptre for added health, and some AP.

Items to start with... the regen bead, and two health pots. Build spirit visage for early game extra cooldown reduction, and some regeneration/survival.

Spend early game spaming the **** out of people with your bouncing blades, charged with killer instinct. skip the ultimate at lvl 6, because you arent aiming to kill yet. your focus should he harassment, and getting lots of gold. Level 11 is when you will start owning. you should have at least 1 sunfire, boots, and spirit visage. The key of this build is the surprising ammount of punishment you will be able to take, and the surprising damage you will deal without all that pointless attack damage or ability power. Imagine, you have 3 sunfire capes, dealing 120 a second, you have your ultimate, dealing a quick stream of about 150 i think, you have Ignite on a target hero, adding 50 dmg a second to a key hero that really needs to die, and you have all those heroes focusing on you, taking even more damage from your thornmail. Trust me on this one, you will deal sufficient damage whilst also being able to take plenty of damage to finish your entire ult and shunpo out. You should have nearly 4k hp at the end of the game.

Donovan

05-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawHat View Post
Okay gentlemen, im going to reveal the best Katarina build. Its not AP, Nor is it AD.
Its HP/Armor.
Runes: Straight Cooldown, all the way across the board. Masteries make sure to get the cooldown in offense and utility. You should have a natural 20% cooldown if not 21 or 22.
1 bouncing blades
2 killer instinct.
3 bouncing blades.
4 shunpo
5 bouncing blades
6 killer instinct
7 bouncing blades
8. Death lotus
9. bouncing blades.
10. killer instinct
11 death lotus
12 and on, max killer instict, then start maxing shunpo last.

End Build. Sunfire Cape X3
Thornmail if faced with enemy phsyical dps, Banshees veil if faced with enemy magical dps.
Ninja Tabi if faced with physical dps, mercs if faced with magical dps.
Rylais sceptre for added health, and some AP.

Items to start with... the regen bead, and two health pots. Build spirit visage for early game extra cooldown reduction, and some regeneration/survival.

Spend early game spaming the **** out of people with your bouncing blades, charged with killer instinct. skip the ultimate at lvl 6, because you arent aiming to kill yet. your focus should he harassment, and getting lots of gold. Level 11 is when you will start owning. you should have at least 1 sunfire, boots, and spirit visage. The key of this build is the surprising ammount of punishment you will be able to take, and the surprising damage you will deal without all that pointless attack damage or ability power. Imagine, you have 3 sunfire capes, dealing 120 a second, you have your ultimate, dealing a quick stream of about 150 i think, you have Ignite on a target hero, adding 50 dmg a second to a key hero that really needs to die, and you have all those heroes focusing on you, taking even more damage from your thornmail. Trust me on this one, you will deal sufficient damage whilst also being able to take plenty of damage to finish your entire ult and shunpo out. You should have nearly 4k hp at the end of the game.
I can't say I haven't considered a more tanky build but not quite to this extent. I would consider say:

Doran's shield
Boots
SotO
Thornmail
BF sword
Sorc boots
Bf sword
sell doran's buy banshee's veil or another big tank item