Is there a Cap on the Amount of Attack Speed Increase you can Get ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Midknight Alpha

05-05-2010

Im wondering if there is a cap on the amount of attack speed, or for that matter anything like speed, crits, attack dmg etc.... that you can get in a game?

Someone told me that putting runes on one specific skill isn't that great because there is a cap, so buying items in Game that also increase this stat would max it out quickly.

Slide

05-05-2010

Maximum attack speed is 2.5 attacks per second. Most champions start with, on average, a 0.65 attacks per second.

Once you hit 2.5 attacks per second (which does take a LOT of bonus atk speed) more atk spd will do nothing for you.

Atk Spd runes are good for a few champions but armor pen fills the same role (more DPS) better for more champions. There is no cap to armor pen.

Darkintegral

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-05-2010

There is a cap for armor pen. You cannot reduce armor below zero. The only exception are temporary armor pen reduction spells (black cleaver, starks, karthus wall). Read my guide for detail about this!

peyo

05-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkintegral View Post
There is a cap for armor pen. You cannot reduce armor below zero. The only exception are temporary armor pen reduction spells (black cleaver, starks, karthus wall). Read my guide for detail about this!
wrong. you can not PENETRATE armor/magic res below 0, but you can REDUCE it below 0 :P

but it counts first, so it's hard to make it go minus :P

Razerwind

05-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by peyo View Post
wrong. you can not PENETRATE armor/magic res below 0, but you can REDUCE it below 0 :P

but it counts first, so it's hard to make it go minus :P

He said that.

SomewhatUseful

05-06-2010

it is possible to get over 2.5 attack speed! with jax's ultimate you can get up to at least like 3.5 or higher!

JonnyThinkChamp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomewhatUseful View Post
it is possible to get over 2.5 attack speed! with jax's ultimate you can get up to at least like 3.5 or higher!
Wrong.

turtlejay

05-06-2010

My 'best case scenario' Taric has most of the good Atk Speed items, plus masteries and Runes for Atk Speed, and according to the builder just hits 2.45 Atk Speed.

So. . .you have to work pretty hard to break the cap with some champs, right?

Jay

W Blademan

05-06-2010

dodge caps at 80% and cooldown reduction caps at 40%, movespeed doesnt cap but permanent speed boosts are reduced once u go over 490 i think by 90% i believe

Temlam

05-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by W Blademan View Post
dodge caps at 80% and cooldown reduction caps at 40%, movespeed doesnt cap but permanent speed boosts are reduced once u go over 490 i think by 90% i believe
best thing ever.
Speed 3 boots with powerball and ghost, easily break 1000 by the end of the acceleration. REALLY wanna try speed 5