Flip map option - confusion calling lanes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Emrot

07-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warskull View Post
Add colored lines to each lane indicating creep path. They can be different for each lane. Thus you could call lane green or lane blue.
I'd just tint the textures for each lane, or add colored doodads. Something a bit more fitting with the environment than colored lines.

I do think colors are the way to go, though. And I definitely need to start using the flip map option, so I stop faceplanting on towers.

Xarek

07-21-2009

Just color the towers on one lane green, the next red, the next blue, etc. That way it's not distracting but still easy to see.

Darkmantis

07-23-2009

How about paving the roads for each lane a different brick color? it will not retract from the setting and can be different enough to allow for quick identification.

Fusion

07-24-2009

Just flip the map on a diagonal. Then up/north/top and down/south/bottom are the same.

dunce

07-25-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
I think putting Map Descriptions, such as North/South/East/West, as well as having MIA Hotkeys would fix this
OR
just always make Flip Map the default option so everyone in game always starts on the bottom-left, no questions asked.

I prefer option #1, personally.

Im glad i did a search before posting because this is EXACTLY what i was going to say. I personally LOVE the flip camera option. Im never confused which way to run back to base. The problem is people call "top solo" or "bottom missing" and its getting confusing.

North/South/East/West would clear it right up. Even my dyslexic friend might start to get it right!

FrozenStorm

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-29-2009

Agree that this is a cool feature and shouldn't be scrapped.

Disagree with making it default; if you want to keep the Red Team perspective, you should be allowed to. Carries over from DotA nicely.

Agree that adding a compass rose (preferred by me) or color-paving the lanes (also completely acceptable) would be the best solutions.

Not exactly high-priority but definitely should be added before release

765Immortal

07-29-2009

I think the LOS blocking weeds don't render out when the maps flipped, as well.

It's not very wise to play with flipped camera if your teammates are not.

Plus, flipped camera would make Baron at the bottom and so people could get confused.

It's just bad overall, tbh.

Serendes

07-31-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
Just flip the map on a diagonal. Then up/north/top and down/south/bottom are the same.

Yes a true flip (or reflection) over a diagonal axis would keep all the lanes the same. Right now, the map flip is more of a rotation than an actual "flip".

Omnipotent

07-31-2009

What Serendes said, and what Fusion was first to notice.

The feature in game is literally 'FLIP' ... Instead, just render the sides as if you are looking into a mirror and all problems are solved.

See attachment.
*******http://www.ezone-uae.com/LoL-Sides.jpg********

FrozenStorm

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-31-2009

Nice Serendes and Omnipotent! I still think a compass rose would be baller to have, but that would certainly fix things!