how to get out of elo hell?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LOVE2Pac

08-06-2011

im at 934 elo with 18 wins and 26 losses,most losses are from my team i dont feel like doing ranked at all.Please HELP

Nylian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2011

Duo Queue

SHREK lS LlFE

08-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVE2FUK View Post
most losses are from my team
you stop with this mentality. there is always something more you can do.

smh.

acosn

08-07-2011

1: stop blaming your team. The reality is that yes, you will find games you can't win. Someone's internet dies, someone has an emergency, w/e. The actual problem is that it's just a toxic mentality to take. You stop queuing to play, and start joining in to just expect another loss.

2: There's no real "optimal" role to take. You can have stupid carries when you pick a tank, you can have stupid anything when you take support, and ****ty tanks when you pick carries. It varies a bit, but carries are the best suited to...well, carrying the team. I've seen an ezrael win 1 v 5 before. They had exactly one CC he had to worry about, but details.

3: Misery loves company. Queue with a friend. A competent carry + competent support can win their way out of 3-digit ELO no problem.

variblex

08-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVE2FUK View Post
im at 934 elo with 18 wins and 26 losses,most losses are from my team i dont feel like doing ranked at all.Please HELP
your bad. you exactly where u are supposed to be

noobfearme

12-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by variblex View Post
your bad. you exactly where u are supposed to be
learn english first dumbass

Ethri

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-01-2012

Just what I was looking for! Have King Midas make you gold!

More realistically... get better. Until you tell me that your lane opponents are 4 levels under you, you call red/ blue timers for both teams, dragon/ baron for your own team, while ganking, last hittiing/ csing as appropriate, jungle csing on a timer, pushing at the right times, freezing, denying, considering enemy skill combos, dodging said combos, keeping strong awareness of their jungler, and warning teammates of possible jungle attacks.... Then you can exit elo hell.

Forgive the long sentence. I cannot do the above yet, but I'm working on it.

Edit: I almost forgot... warding the right places at the right time is intrinsic to map awareness. If all enemies are missing, they could be in any bush on the map that you have no vision of. Keep tabs on their items, kills, wards, ultimates. Counter-build appropriately. Learn which items you should build in certain scenarios. Consider the usefulness of each and every enemy and ally champion early/mid/late game. Try to spread your knowledge of the game before it starts.

Always be 2 steps ahead of your enemies. Pretend to be Heimerdinger and predict where the enemy will be yet never waste time. Did you walk halfway up the river to help someone that could not be saved? You just wasted 15 seconds, hurray. Learn to fine tune your judgement.

Anyways good luck getting out. Even with all these skills you will probably still lose some games since I know how bad teammates can be. Just don't let it get too much on your nerves. I personally had someone insulting me constantly because I wasn't buying 10 sight wards every time I went back to base to counter Teemo mushrooms, saying it is more cost efficient than oracles. If people like this are giving you nonsense information non-stop then feel free to ignore them. Just try to advise your team as much as you can on their items/ play and hopefully they will listen.

bearloverabbit

12-03-2012

I'm at 1200 elo (silver)
And I hav friends at 1500s (gold)
And we don't fluctuate much... I mean they stay in 1500s; they were in 1500s in s1, s2 and even now
So I when I watch them play with my account around my elo
I can see that they can at least carry up to 3 noobs
Im saying that elo hell stuff doesn't exist and This is the difference and the reason why we r in this elo and they r in their elo

Tanerian

12-03-2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MTO2a7ZFcc
Posting this in every Elo hell thread.
It has a clear and true message.

If you want to get better, your mindset has to be Playing to get better. If you focus on who's doing poorly around you, that's less time to devote on what you yourself are doing wrong.

You can go 20/0/10 and still make 15 mistakes in a game. Everyone makes mistakes every game, even the Pro's. If you want to improve focus 100% of yourself to correcting your own mistakes. Go into every game not trying to win, but trying to improve your gameplay.

Xamurai

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CATFlSH View Post
I'm at 1200 elo (silver)
And I hav friends at 1500s (gold)
And we don't fluctuate much... I mean they stay in 1500s; they were in 1500s in s1, s2 and even now
So I when I watch them play with my account around my elo
I can see that they can at least carry up to 3 noobs
Im saying that elo hell stuff doesn't exist and This is the difference and the reason why we r in this elo and they r in their elo

THIS!!!

I`m between 1200 - 1000, but I`ve played with some gold elos, and they can carry every game without difficult at this bracket, having feeders, akers, ragers, anything...
Elo hell is not about your teammates, It`s about your skills. Play well and carry to get out of there, If you can`t carry, then your are in your level, playing with people of your same level.
I used to see elo like you, till I played with those guys that were better than everyone in those games and realized how bad I am and how much I must learn and practice to improve my elo.
It`s all about this, practice, learn, be possitive for the team, help, and eventually you will be better and rise your rank. But don`t give up.