Support's role in Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Naga

08-06-2011

I know Riot wanted to move towards a more utility-based support system, like Janna. I could see Janna being pretty great for this game mode. Her ult, knock up and slow would totally help people with capturing bases. But other supports... What does their future hold?

I'm not sure how Riot plans on changing Soraka ( I heard changes soon? ), but she seems next to useless in this game mode. I'd even be worried to pick Janna just because it's more difficult to hold your ground for too long being a squish squish. You need someone who will get the enemy OFF THE CAPTURE POINT and defend while damaging and protecting!

Dominion is capture based, not kill. So supporting people doesn't seem as... important?

Just some thoughts.

xoxo Kyzzen.

Check out my other threads!
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1059770 ( Nidalee )
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1036849 ( Janna )
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1039033 ( Soraka )

Naga

08-06-2011

I just found another thread, I'll quote it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowTie View Post
Much like the impossible-to-kill, super annoying Resto Druid of WoW, trying to capture a base with one there is impossible to do.

Soraka will run around, keeping herself up if you attack her, and if you try to capture the point -- STARFALL WEEEE!

So yeah, she's gonna be a fun champ to run defense.

Interesting. *-*

Frag Pulf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2011

Karma will be a fun support. Team speed buff ftw.

SoBeNirvana

Adjudicator

08-06-2011

According to playtesters, to play Support in Dominion you actually have to go *shock* AP and not cooldown reduction n' wards so you can actually damage/scale. I think they'll play the most different on this map type but still be useful.

Naga

08-06-2011

I think this would be very fun! *-* I'd love to see them in full AP scale, or even rock some AD Sona.

Ojars

08-06-2011

Janna ult to push em away from capture eh?

Omigawa

08-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ojars View Post
Janna ult to push em away from capture eh?
Great idea! And after you blow your ult and save your team 2 seconds, you can get focused and die instantly!

Wasselin

08-12-2011

A lot of supports are actually able of putting out damage and taking a few hits, they just don't have the opportunity or desire to buy the items needed to get there.

Dreampod

08-12-2011

Without the toxic 0cs wardbot mentality that support have on Summoner's Rift they should be getting significant amounts of gold on Crystal Scar and actually get to buy real items at a reasonably fast pace. While they probably will be a bit shorter on gold than the characters that clear the minion waves they should still be getting tons.

My personal plan is to play a Tanky AP Soroka. Get Zhonya's Hourglass, Rabadon's Deathcap, and Abysal Scepter and run around zeroing peoples MR with Starcall while healing myself up with decently tanky stats. Then I'll buy a Lichbane and laugh as Soroka does AP Carry level damage.