How to Mundo DPS?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yellow Jester

05-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverdevilboy View Post
*slaps everybody*

Ok, yes, some of the advice is good, but they're recommending terrible items.

Spirit Visage is your survivability item. Start with a rejuvenation bead, and 5-6 potions. You'll be able to get to 6 without bluepilling. At 6, you can wander off, and charge into another lane and gank something.

Go QEQEWR.

To gank: find a lane that has been pushed, run in throwing a cleaver, and pop e and w and start killing. IF they start fighting/running, pop R. Whether you get a kill or not, pill after this, and upgrade to Visage and Tabi (or merc treads vs high-CC teams)

Do not level R til Q and E are at 5.

Now that you want to buy damage items, you need to find out what the rest of your team is getting. If nobody else is building it, get stark's.

Ok, now you need to look at what your character does. At L5, E is the equivalent of 2 BF swords. You do not need extra atk damage items unless you're very fed.

You *do* want crit chance and attack speed, and armor penetration.

Last Whisper is still the best item going for that, and Yoummu's builds from some very nice items, and gives you some good chasing ability.

After that, either another survivability item if you need it, or a zeal->phantom dancers.

In order of importance:

Rejuv bead+potions
Boots 1
Upgrade to Visage.
Tabi
Starks if not already built
Last Whisper
Yoummu's (might grab avarice before LW)
Zeal
Phantom Dancer

My build almost exactly. I often am able to skip spirit visage and stay in the lane, in which case i go back for Stark's and boots, then Last Whisper, and I almost never get past that point because, literally, the game is over.

Gore Merchant

05-05-2010

Just stack sunfire capes, you will dominate

Azghyn Nite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrenic View Post
boots->visage->starks->IE

A lot of people like phantom dancers on him, but I'm not a fan of them because you end up spending a lot of money for the movement speed and dodge. IE gives you way more burst.
They get it for attackspeed and crit chance, 2 of the best stats on mundo. He gets a very nice amount of damage anyways so crit chance helps and attack speed allows that masochism to hit more often

Yellow Jester

05-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azghyn Nite View Post
They get it for attackspeed and crit chance, 2 of the best stats on mundo. He gets a very nice amount of damage anyways so crit chance helps and attack speed allows that masochism to hit more often
Movespeed is his best feature. He's naturally fast, and with his cleaver and sadism, he's already got supreme chase power. This is just ridiculous when you add in a phantom dancer.

OLI HC

05-05-2010

wtf no warmogs on dps what a waste.... play dps mundo like a squishy and get SV and get merc treads/tabi and thats all for survivability, for the rest get phantom dancer then starks if the game goes on black cleaver then IE... black cleaver trust me is the most op **** in this game: with starks you get whoever you get 6 hits on 80 armor REDUCTION putting teemo to - 40 armor even though he dies before that.

dps mundo is a squishy eater, eat squishies.

Yellow Jester

05-05-2010

^Black Cleaver is a great item, but I think it's better used by a super fast AS guy like Teemo or TF or something. Mundo caps out at about 1.4 with Stark's, Last Whisper, and Phantom Dancer. If nobody else has it I'd probably grab one if the game went that long.

As for boots, I forget to buy boots often because i'm in the lane for such a long period at a time, but treads or tabi are the way to go.

EchoRex

05-05-2010

Black Cleaver sucks something horrible, especially on Mundo. Do not take it, ever.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=51570

o.0

OLI HC

05-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo7 View Post
Black Cleaver sucks something horrible, especially on Mundo. Do not take it, ever.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=51570

o.0
sure, grab IE and do less damage, whatever

EchoRex

05-05-2010

No. You won't. And if you're getting either of them before double PDs or LW/Youmu's/EC, you're doing it so far and away wrong you're hopeless.

Kind of need very high attack speed to apply those BC stacks so that it can even come close to being worth the investment. If anyone just lets you sit there and apply stacks, you could have killed them with a fail tank build just as easily.

Sex Scientist GG

05-05-2010

What is a good mastery build for DPS mundo?