Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How to Mundo DPS?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CyberMonkey

05-05-2010

I've looked for guides for pure DPS mundo, but everywhere, there is at least a warmogs in every build. Everybody says that DPS mundo is the best, but where are the guides/builds for going DPS mundo?? Any build suggestions, etc., would be appreciated.

FeLpZ

Recruiter

05-05-2010

just because it has 1 3000g survivability item in it does not make it a tank build. for dps on sr the best way to go is
boots > sv > warmogs > phantom dancer(with masochism it adds more dps than infinity edge) > infinity edge (game should be over after you get this)

Highball

05-05-2010

Spirit Visage is a good alternative to Warmog's...especially in TT where the games are a lot shorter. SV also lets you spam cleavers more often and helps out health regen. I believe that even DPS Mundos build SV.

Recently I've built Youmuu's after SV with decent results. Cleavers hurt more and it's active is also good for towers/inhibitors and chasing/fleeing.

Starks is thought of as a good item as well, especially when you feel your melee attacks are taking forever. I've read of a build where you go SV to Stark's to Zeal then buying Elixers (red and blue iirc). Alternatively, you can also go Phantom Dancer after building Zeal for more AS goodness.

If someone else has a Starks and you're up against armor stackers, you can grab Last Whisper.

*Edit: just found out that Merc treads are multiplicative not additive with Burning Agony, so not really that good (credit: Echo7's guide). People tend to recommend Boots of Swiftness or Ninja Tabi. But you really want AS, then you can go Zerkers.

Judd

Recruiter

05-05-2010

i will never get warmog's again. hammer is better. in TT, i start boots, sv, hammer, then stack zeals into phantom dancers.

mundo like ms

Cyrenic

05-05-2010

boots->visage->starks->IE

A lot of people like phantom dancers on him, but I'm not a fan of them because you end up spending a lot of money for the movement speed and dodge. IE gives you way more burst.

Carados

05-05-2010

Last Whisper is a great first item if you're not sold on Starks.

I usually go something like...

Ruby Crystal ---> SV/Boots (Avarice Blade) ---> Last Whisper ---> Frozen Mallet ----> Ghostblade.

Assuming someone else on my team is getting Starks.

Silverdevilboy

05-05-2010

*slaps everybody*

Ok, yes, some of the advice is good, but they're recommending terrible items.

Spirit Visage is your survivability item. Start with a rejuvenation bead, and 5-6 potions. You'll be able to get to 6 without bluepilling. At 6, you can wander off, and charge into another lane and gank something.

Go QEQEWR.

To gank: find a lane that has been pushed, run in throwing a cleaver, and pop e and w and start killing. IF they start fighting/running, pop R. Whether you get a kill or not, pill after this, and upgrade to Visage and Tabi (or merc treads vs high-CC teams)

Do not level R til Q and E are at 5.

Now that you want to buy damage items, you need to find out what the rest of your team is getting. If nobody else is building it, get stark's.

Ok, now you need to look at what your character does. At L5, E is the equivalent of 2 BF swords. You do not need extra atk damage items unless you're very fed.

You *do* want crit chance and attack speed, and armor penetration.

Last Whisper is still the best item going for that, and Yoummu's builds from some very nice items, and gives you some good chasing ability.

After that, either another survivability item if you need it, or a zeal->phantom dancers.

In order of importance:

Rejuv bead+potions
Boots 1
Upgrade to Visage.
Tabi
Starks if not already built
Last Whisper
Yoummu's (might grab avarice before LW)
Zeal
Phantom Dancer

Supreme1337

05-05-2010

I prefer to just go
Zeal (Takes care of movement speed, so no need to get any boots, even +1's, before finishing this)
Boots (Tabi or Merc's)
Spirit Visage
Zeal
Phantom Dancer (Probably over before you finish this)
Phantom Dancer
Infinity Edge
Black Cleaver or Youmuu's (You're never ever gonna get this far)

shamaniam

05-05-2010

i play DPS mundo but not to often because i play way to agresive lol. works out great sometimes but others im just crazy. spirit visage is top priority then i go phantom dancer or last whisper. boots i take swiftness because im always on the move. u are kinda squishy but you do melle damage like crazy and less squishy than a rouge so it works. i try and get in dish out dps and get out before i die. sit back throw clevers till i regen up run back in. i run CD runes so with visage u get some quick recharge time.

Poochy

05-05-2010

Mundo dps when he pleases