Kat Runes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Simvolic

05-05-2010

So I just recently unlocked Kat due to her new buff.

Just wonder what are some good runes for her.

Currently I have so far are Red marks and Quints as Magic Pen, yellow are dodge and blue are a mix of flat CDR and CDR/level

aznwillyy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-05-2010

change the magic pen to armor pen. profit.

looney

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simvolic View Post
So I just recently unlocked Kat due to her new buff.

Just wonder what are some good runes for her.

Currently I have so far are Red marks and Quints as Magic Pen, yellow are dodge and blue are a mix of flat CDR and CDR/level
I think those are the best runes for her.

peyo

05-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by stretched View Post
change the magic pen to armor pen. profit.
fail

you're ok, just get full set of flat CDR glyphs

Sandybelle

05-05-2010

I prefer to put HP/level in yellows, since I don't really take any points in defensive masteries.

Poochy

05-05-2010

u might wanna switch out the dodge runes there is no need since the change to shunpo IMO...Magic pen and CD are nice

rximmortal

05-05-2010

Here is what i think about the Rune set.
= First It is best to use each runes Primary , it just gives you maximum bonuses.
The Main thing that Katarina Need is HP , and Magic Penetration. Thats why the Best solution for her as runes in my opinion is :
Red - Magic Penetration
Yellow - Health/Level ( It gives you 175 at 18 lvl with full set of them)
//Now There are dodge solutions but if you get dodge runes that means you must ninja tabi in game and your magic penetration will be less , you will be more tanky and this is not actually my style...//
Blues- CDR (but direct cdr -65% not cdr/per level) , I Myself Use Mix of Magic penetration and CDR runes on blue once , =6cdr ,3 mp)
Quintness - 3 Health runes for +32. (Absolutly best solution).
At all you get:
96HP
175hp on lvl18 ( which is 10 life per level)
10 Magic penetration
4% CDR
For champions as Katarina Health is from extreme IMPORTANCE , You are in the middle of the battle , If you dont have Health you will die from the splash.
I dont CDR set is so good because with voracity you have 100% cdr.

PhuQPayMe

05-05-2010

Dodge is better than HP/Level. Dodge is an amazing defense stat. If you follow the rule of boots 2 survival 3 damage items your most likely going to stack HP instead of mitigation stats which makes hp level better. That's assuming you go AD. You have different options if you go AP since you have HP/AP items with nice builds.

rximmortal

05-05-2010

Normally From 5 heroes only 1 maximum 2 of your enemies will DPS , AD build . And these champions usually die from katarina for nearlly 1 second , They will not be able to hit you more than 4-5 times , u have to chose between 7% dodge or 180 hp , I prefer the 2nd one. I dont assume AD as a variant of play because AP build is better than AD in maybe 9/10 of the siuations (AD builds grants you only better fariming nothing more)

FROM WINNIPEG

05-05-2010

Getting close to 200 wins with Kat, I play her almost exclusively and run AP. Magic Pen red, Dogde yellow (run 9/21/0 since im AP), and AP per level blue. If you play smart and take advantage of voractiy CDR becomes less important but is still an option. 2 flat health quints and a magic pen quint. I win around 65% of games played.