Singed and early Rylai's

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Airwoven

08-06-2011

I would like to hear some thoughts on this subject:

Is the slow from Rylai's (35% on fling and 15% on poison) worth more than full RoA's 350~ HP and 400 mana?

I mostly build early catalyst and rylai after that, cata is built into BV later,after FoN and armor item.

I really have no trouble with mana ,and my opinion is that that slow is much better than 350ish hp that gets in full power after 10 minutes.

Only minus I can see is building resistances little later in the game.
But its not like Singed dies easy anyway.

Get W3ird

08-06-2011

What do you need the slow for as singed? His W has a huge range/radius slow for chasing or running. Not sure why you would get rylias over RoA.

skinnerz

08-06-2011

no, because it makes them not want to chase you (which is a huge part of singed's poison game)

General Balls

08-06-2011

The slow on poison would make Singed that much more irritating to chase/harass not to mention allow him to escape much more easily, considering any chase is going to be taking damage *and* being slowed. It would also make the fling absolutely deadly, considering you have the 35% slow from it, as well as the 15% slow from the poison, on top of a possible AoE slow from his W, stopping you from getting away. That's pretty powerful in conjunction with teamwork.

Get W3ird

08-06-2011

Over RoA. Def no, that's all i'm saying. It might be an ok item if you prefer that. But RoA is just too good on singed to not rush.

Flagonslayer

08-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Balls View Post
The slow on poison would make Singed that much more irritating to chase/harass not to mention allow him to escape much more easily, considering any chase is going to be taking damage *and* being slowed. It would also make the fling absolutely deadly, considering you have the 35% slow from it, as well as the 15% slow from the poison, on top of a possible AoE slow from his W, stopping you from getting away. That's pretty powerful in conjunction with teamwork.

poison does full slow. it's not considered AoE by the game.

Kreicus

08-06-2011

I think it was explained at one time that his poison isn't aoe but a reoccurring single hit damage, if that makes sense. Therefore, it gets the full 35%.

Generally I try to go RoA first, since it gives so much for singed with his passive. However, if it takes to long to get because of a bad start or some reason I'll usually turn the Catalyst (which should be first) into a Banshee Veil (Usually I don't get good farm early laning against people against which I'd want Banshee for anyways). After this I'll get Rylai's. This'll get me the health and AP missing from a built up RoA.

The slow from it isn't a hindrance at this point in the game (people say the slow prevents people from chasing you eating poison). Most of the fighting will be team fights, so the slow poison will be unavoidable to them, and a great help.