mordekaiser Rune question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheImmortalVirus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Fury S View Post
Ap scales horribly with kaiser thats why no build is ap....dont get ap runes.
scale CDR is probably best because the more skills you fire the more shield you can build up with passive and late game his shield is better post patch. a Randuins or Spirit visage is good to build first ingame because of the CDR
Alright, thanks.
Anyone else got an opinion on flat vs scaling?

DreamyDays

05-06-2010

I prefer flat CDR.

Scaling CDR becomes equivalent to flat CDR at around level 11~13, I don't remember the exact number.

But the thing is, you are better off with lower CDR early game than lower CDR late game.

Mordekaiser is not a carry, he needs quite a bit of advantage, level-wise and item-wise, to gimp "real" carries.

The only good time to ensure that is during the early-mid game, because if you let them farm/feed to late game, then [Any Carry >>> Mordekaiser].

And flat CDR is better at that exact timing when Mordekaiser needs an edge over them.

TheImmortalVirus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-06-2010

Thanks, I think I'm going to go for the flat rate, early game is where it seems he has the hardest time doing stuff.
Flat becomes equal at 13.
I'm going to just buy the flat rate glyphs unless anyone else has any comments.

Ballpooner

05-06-2010

Most abilities benefit from Magic Penetration because they are magical in nature. Some exceptions are Ezreal's Mystic Shot and Gangplank's Parrrrrrrrrley to name a couple.

The runes I use for Mordekaiser are MPen marks, Dodge Seals, Flat CDR glyphs, and Flat HP Quints. I use the Dodge seals and Flat HP Quints mainly because I had them already and did not want to wait longer to play Morde, but I notice that they help my early game a lot, which I feel is very important for Mordekaiser.

DreamyDays

05-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballpooner View Post
Most abilities benefit from Magic Penetration because they are magical in nature. Some exceptions are Ezreal's Mystic Shot and Gangplank's Parrrrrrrrrley to name a couple.

The runes I use for Mordekaiser are MPen marks, Dodge Seals, Flat CDR glyphs, and Flat HP Quints. I use the Dodge seals and Flat HP Quints mainly because I had them already and did not want to wait longer to play Morde, but I notice that they help my early game a lot, which I feel is very important for Mordekaiser.
I agree with this.

Personally, I use
Red (Marks) : MPen
Yellow (Seals) : Flat HP
Blue (Glyphs) : Flat CDR
Purple (Quints) : .....none?

I use Flat HP seals, mainly because I lack the IP to get Dodge seals or any Quints, and I already have a bunch of Flat HP seals.....
I'm going to have to live with this for a while, because I have champions to buy

TheImmortalVirus

Recruiter

05-08-2010

Wow do seals look ****ty..I dont even think the flat HPs are worth the cost..I'd rather get dodge or CDR..and even then the CDR looks so low I dont even know what to think..probably the dodge is what I'll get. At least then I can use it on other chars.
The flat HPs are a joke..5 for 800? the scaling are 400 and you get it back by level 5..aka when you start not to need the health really..dodge seems much more applicably or CDR.

This is mainly a note to self fyi..if anyone wants to comment they can.