mordekaiser Rune question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheImmortalVirus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-05-2010

Which would be better to have for reds or in general...Armor Pen or Magic pen?
I'm not sure what mace counts as..phyiscal I guess?
Siphon of Destruction is magical.
and I dont know if his ult has a classification.
Would it be better to just stack armor pen runes, cool down reduction and health regen on him?

YoonieDaCutie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-05-2010

MPen.

Randomyzed

05-05-2010

Yes red runes should be MPen also have the Cooldown reduction and Hregenp5.
MPen because all of mordekaisers spells (and therefore the grunt of his damage AND survivability) are magic damage

DreamyDays

05-05-2010

MPen is the best by far.

I'm pretty sure that W, E, R all deal magical damage.
Q might have a physical component, but as far as I know, at least the bonus damage is magical.
I am not sure about the "echo" part, but I believe that all echos are magical too.

I would suggest

Red : MPen
Blue : Flat CDR
Yellow : Dodge / Flat HP (dodge is better they say, but if you already have flat HP runes but not dodge runes, why not utilize what you've already got?)

Quint : Flat HP / Dodge / MPen (if there is) / CDR
I don't have Quints, didn't get enough IP for them.....
But I am planning on Flat HP for quints.

AnalC

05-05-2010

I use only CDR and MP runes. Everything else from items.

TheImmortalVirus

Recruiter

05-05-2010

Thanks, would health regen runes be worth it at all? The only time it's a problem really is levels 1-5 I guess..and even then it's not that huge of an issue.

Carados

05-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImmortalVirus View Post
Thanks, would health regen runes be worth it at all? The only time it's a problem really is levels 1-5 I guess..and even then it's not that huge of an issue.
You can power through 1-5 with the Bead + 6 potions build.

AnalC

05-05-2010

As I c it, one should use runes that help throughout the game. For example some low AP boost helps in the beginning a lot, but if you dont get a huge cap at the beginning long game will tip the scales. In the end low hp reg or few AP does not help that much. For example CDR stays fixed all game long and actually improves later on when CD rates have tendency to grow.

TheImmortalVirus

Recruiter

05-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamyDays View Post
MPen is the best by far.

I'm pretty sure that W, E, R all deal magical damage.
Q might have a physical component, but as far as I know, at least the bonus damage is magical.
I am not sure about the "echo" part, but I believe that all echos are magical too.

I would suggest

Red : MPen
Blue : Flat CDR
Yellow : Dodge / Flat HP (dodge is better they say, but if you already have flat HP runes but not dodge runes, why not utilize what you've already got?)

Quint : Flat HP / Dodge / MPen (if there is) / CDR
I don't have Quints, didn't get enough IP for them.....
But I am planning on Flat HP for quints.
Just wondering, why flat CDR and not scaling? B/c you get more from it at lower levels where you can use it more?

NJ Fury S

05-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalC View Post
As I c it, one should use runes that help throughout the game. For example some low AP boost helps in the beginning a lot, but if you dont get a huge cap at the beginning long game will tip the scales. In the end low hp reg or few AP does not help that much. For example CDR stays fixed all game long and actually improves later on when CD rates have tendency to grow.

Ap scales horribly with kaiser thats why no build is ap....dont get ap runes.
scale CDR is probably best because the more skills you fire the more shield you can build up with passive and late game his shield is better post patch. a Randuins or Spirit visage is good to build first ingame because of the CDR