Will Diminion be the only Map Release this year?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phoulmouth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by bourbonowns View Post
Did you ever consider that Magma Chamber was scrapped in favor of Dominion because releasing another 5v5 PVP map without some sort of gimmick wouldn't generate the excitement or revenue to keep people playing League of Legends when Dota 2 comes out.

Adding another game mode keeps LoL exciting and fresh. If we can get MM hoppers for ARAM and CTF and whatnot I'll keep playing this game for a LONG time. As it stands, I can only handle so many Summoner's Rift games because I've played it about 1000 times.

Why would you need some sort of gimmick in order to add new maps? The lack of diversity in maps is a killer for myself and many of my friends. Same map over and over and over is simply boring. I could draw a perfectly scaled rendering of SR and TT from memory, that's how many times I have played them between my multiple accounts. I think adding more 3v3 and 5v5 maps would increase revenue by tons simply because people would be more interested in playing the game.

Adding another game mode is definitely going to add hype to the game, and I agree with you saying "I can only handle so many Summoner's Rift games because I've played it about 1000 times" but don't you think if you had a couple different 5v5 maps there would be more interest for you?

Saying adding maps wont make money or add hype is probably the stupidest thing I have read on these forums to date. Not trying to flame you or be rude, but it is.

Sekunri

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-07-2011

I believe it was stated that the feature will come out after one of the events that happens in August. Around the 26th if I recall correctly. So it can be assumed by those terms we'll see the feature appear around the beginning of September. =D

Sekunri

Recruiter

08-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoulmouth View Post
Why would you need some sort of gimmick in order to add new maps? The lack of diversity in maps is a killer for myself and many of my friends. Same map over and over and over is simply boring. I could draw a perfectly scaled rendering of SR and TT from memory, that's how many times I have played them between my multiple accounts. I think adding more 3v3 and 5v5 maps would increase revenue by tons simply because people would be more interested in playing the game.

Adding another game mode is definitely going to add hype to the game, and I agree with you saying "I can only handle so many Summoner's Rift games because I've played it about 1000 times" but don't you think if you had a couple different 5v5 maps there would be more interest for you?

Saying adding maps wont make money or add hype is probably the stupidest thing I have read on these forums to date. Not trying to flame you or be rude, but it is.
I'm not dissing Dominion in anyway myself but I understand your point of view. Especially if in Normal games the maps started to cycle amongst themselves instead of you choosing them. The occasional Summoner's Rift and the occasional (other 5v5) but I would definitely want that to be a lot more often than we see the autumn change when we play. To be honest I haven't seen that in a while.

That or maybe you could choose which map you go into, it would definitely be better than playing the same map all the time. There would be new game play only because you'd have to due to the terrain change. It can't be a copy of SR with a texture over it. But you know, its also nice to have Dominion if nothing more. Plus in time they'll make new maps for that too. It'll need it in time.