Will Diminion be the only Map Release this year?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SteelMonkey1

08-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by xFanS View Post
LoL population confirmed to decrease after DoTa2 release.
Psh, seriously?
No way.
Dota may have history, but its complexities and skill level don't really make it accessible.
In essence, not many new players will join it (for long), most people whose only moba experience is LoL won't like it, and the people who have used LoL as a substitute won't be missed that much.

Delete Key

08-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Likely only major map for this year, but far from the only feature
cool so the next game to come out this year with 2x these features will beat it since no more added "big" features. good to know riot. good ****.

Metaspy

08-07-2011

So essentially, no Magma Chamber this year...

Xin Kaishek

08-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixtysix66 View Post
cool so the next game to come out this year with 2x these features will beat it since no more added "big" features. good to know riot. good ****.
He just said it was the only MAJOR MAP release, not the only major content release. Plenty of other updates could be coming down the pipe this year too. Don't be a QQer.

aaFen

08-07-2011

Quote:
I'd like to thank you for giving a straight answer for once (as in, Rioters in general generally do not give straight answers with these sorts of things, not you specifically, Morello).

bourbonowns

08-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udub View Post
I love how terribly you ****ed up the hype with Dominion but you completely over the top ****ed up Magma Chamber because it's not coming out for over a year after the initial prediction. L0L
Did you ever consider that Magma Chamber was scrapped in favor of Dominion because releasing another 5v5 PVP map without some sort of gimmick wouldn't generate the excitement or revenue to keep people playing League of Legends when Dota 2 comes out.

Adding another game mode keeps LoL exciting and fresh. If we can get MM hoppers for ARAM and CTF and whatnot I'll keep playing this game for a LONG time. As it stands, I can only handle so many Summoner's Rift games because I've played it about 1000 times.

Haarenfang

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-07-2011

considering the year is more than half over I wouldn't expect another map this year really now first or second quarter 2012, you never know about that, plus they have until the world ends in december 2012 to to get the new map done and out so we can play it :P

RBomb19

08-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by bourbonowns View Post
Did you ever consider that Magma Chamber was scrapped in favor of Dominion because releasing another 5v5 PVP map without some sort of gimmick wouldn't generate the excitement or revenue to keep people playing League of Legends when Dota 2 comes out.

Adding another game mode keeps LoL exciting and fresh. If we can get MM hoppers for ARAM and CTF and whatnot I'll keep playing this game for a LONG time. As it stands, I can only handle so many Summoner's Rift games because I've played it about 1000 times.
I agree completely. After playing SR so many times, it has just gotten kind of dull even when I do want to play LoL. Quite frankly, this is the absolute best thing to keep me playing this game long term because when I get bored of League, I basically have another awesome League game to play then to break the monotony.

Harvester

08-07-2011

Quote:
Does that mean that it is pretty much guaranteed that the Crystal Scar is coming out this year, as in 2011? Would you say it is closer to Septemberish or Decemberish as far as release date? Or maybe just planned release date.

Phoulmouth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-07-2011

Quote:
This response makes me want to /wrists

As much as I am dreading the valve/steam community I am really getting tempted by DoTa2 based purely on the support for player made maps. /sigh