AP Jax viable?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kavanah

05-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynxion View Post
Enjoy it while you still can, AP ratios are going to be nerfed even more soon.
Can you confirm this? I'll be extremely upset if they do. I honestly love him more AP than AD! I think burst damage on Jax is what makes him so great. Jump in get a squishy, hope to live the all of a sudden focus change to you, and then watch your team (hopefully) beat the dog snot out of their remaining 4 before you are gunned down. GA brings you back anyways =)

Kavanah

05-06-2010

Just want to share my recent build with Jax and to say it is going much better than my typical AD build.

Dorans + Health Pot at start

Boots of speed + Blasting Wand at 6ish

Ninja Tabi + Pickaxe at 8ish

Guinsoo's Rageblade at 9ish

Build Rylais

Banshees next if needed, if not I have been going different things like zhonya's ring, infinite edge, rod of ages, or void staff. Just have fun, after rylais its pretty much whatever you need according to their team. I also want to point out that if you have no other AP heroes on your team and their tanks are going full armor, this build will be perfect for knocking tanks down after the squishy's!

I love this build because I literally blow an ashe or teemo or tristana up in one leap/empower/counterattack + ignite if they get near 75% hp. Take out some main dps like that and watch how easy a 5 man team fight turns on them.

Zagzax

05-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavanah View Post
Just want to share my recent build with Jax and to say it is going much better than my typical AD build.

Dorans + Health Pot at start

Boots of speed + Blasting Wand at 6ish

Ninja Tabi + Pickaxe at 8ish

Guinsoo's Rageblade at 9ish

Build Rylais

Banshees next if needed, if not I have been going different things like zhonya's ring, infinite edge, rod of ages, or void staff. Just have fun, after rylais its pretty much whatever you need according to their team. I also want to point out that if you have no other AP heroes on your team and their tanks are going full armor, this build will be perfect for knocking tanks down after the squishy's!

I love this build because I literally blow an ashe or teemo or tristana up in one leap/empower/counterattack + ignite if they get near 75% hp. Take out some main dps like that and watch how easy a 5 man team fight turns on them.

If they have a couple physical carries Atma is awesome to throw in after Rylais. Don't feel bad about mixing AP and AD, it's 100% viable on Jax. Arguably optimal.

Kavanah

05-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagzax View Post
If they have a couple physical carries Atma is awesome to throw in after Rylais. Don't feel bad about mixing AP and AD, it's 100% viable on Jax. Arguably optimal.
Yeah Atma's isn't bad. Thats the beauty of this build, you can really mix ap and ad.

LuvBePhuoc

Master Recruiter

05-07-2010

I think imma just ignore lich bane and go straight for atmas after rylai!

SoSalty

05-07-2010

I never play AP Jax, but I respect the build. IMO, I would go Doran's Ring, Ninja Tabis, Guinsoo's Rageblade, Mejai's Soulstealer, Rylai's Scepter, Lichbane, sell Doran's Ring for a Zhonya's or spam elixirs.