AP Jax viable?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LuvBePhuoc

Master Recruiter

05-04-2010

Since the recent nerf, I don't see many AP Jax players around. Is it still viable? I feel like AP Jax is more tanky (with Rylai) and ditch out more damage since burst damage > sustained damage. Also, ap really shines late game. Btw, can somebody gives a viable AP build for TT and rift? I tried AP on rift and it was quite successful, not sure about TT where almost all Jax players rush Rage blade or stacking Doran's blades.
For rift, I'm currently thinking rylai + lich bane. Atmas might be a good add.

LuvBePhuoc

Master Recruiter

05-05-2010

Should I rush mejai too?

LuvBePhuoc

Master Recruiter

05-05-2010

I'm thinking about rushing mejai on TT before Rage blade. But I don't know if I'll stand a chance against another jax with Rage blade first or stacked doran's rings. Jax vs Jax happens a lot on TT these days.

Deucey

05-05-2010

Mejajs is better later if you are able to sustain it and be viable before Rageblade. With that said, AP and AD Jax's need rageblade 95% of the time after boots 1. You're just gimping your champ if you do something else.

Kavanah

05-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvBePhuoc View Post
I'm thinking about rushing mejai on TT before Rage blade. But I don't know if I'll stand a chance against another jax with Rage blade first or stacked doran's rings. Jax vs Jax happens a lot on TT these days.
On TT I don't know that I would get Meja's... but on Summoner's rift I get it after I get my guinsoo's and I'm normally lvl 8-10, which is when I am starting to get some ganks without dying.

FeLpZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-05-2010

i think rylais is absurd on him, i try and rush it after guinsoos.

LuvBePhuoc

Master Recruiter

05-06-2010

Would Lich Bane be a good item after mejai? Or Rylai...

Beleg Cuthalion

05-06-2010

There is no reason to rush soulstealer before tabis or rageblade as there is no point in getting one before you both can get kills and survive.

Those two items give you so much surveilability and offensive power that they are a must.

Lynxion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-06-2010

Enjoy it while you still can, AP ratios are going to be nerfed even more soon.

Whom

05-06-2010

Nashor's tooth could work for Jax. AP, attack speed, plus mana regen & 25% CDR for more QWE spamming. Never tried it though so I can't say, I usually go pretty cookie-cutter with Jax.