Sunfire Cape Archaic Knowledge Question.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Abhorrent

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-04-2010

So this may be a dumb question in that the answer may lie in the description, but I figured it was still worth asking.

The mastery Archaic Knowledge has a description that reads, "Your magical spells penetrate 15% of your target's magic resistance" Because sunfire capes do magic damage my question is, does this mastery have any affect on the magic penetration of the sunfire capes?

Xandal

05-04-2010

I can't promise you anything, but I think Sunfire ignores MR. Again, no guarantee.

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

05-04-2010

If it ignored MR, it would be true damage. It's magic damage.

RaginHomoSapien

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-05-2010

good question, kind of wondered about it myself!!! I propose a test of sorts, a practice game with sunfire cape on say amumu with and without archaic knowlege, start with sunfire cape with and without, test it, write down at least 10 numbers, then do an average, then add sorcerer boots during both trails and repeat the test

one test group
one control
should work

PineappleThis

05-05-2010

I've been curious about amumu's despair in the same fasion and how thats calculated. I assumed its true damage cause it says it drains enemies of % of max hp. But then some claim its magic damage, which would then imply its reduced by magic resist, but increased by spell penetration.

RaginHomoSapien

Recruiter

05-05-2010

pretty sure its magic damage for realzies