The best, simplest Fiddlesticks guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FABIOForever

05-04-2010

You're a busy person. Who am I to waste your time? Why don't we skip all the usual guide fluff and get straight down to business?

SUMMONER SPELLS

Ghost
Flash

Your biggest need is going to be getting into crowstorm position and sticking with people so they can't get away from it. These are the two spells that will make that happen.

SKILLS

Priority should go

R--->E--->W-->Q

With the exception that you should put one point into Q in the first couple of levels just so you have an interrupt available.

RUNES

Magic penetration wherever you can, mana regen when you can't.

ITEMS

Here is where some people will disagree, but you'll soon show them the results you'll get.

1. Meki pendant:

Start with this. Since you can't take clarity, you'll have a little mana issue before you're strong enough to get golemn. Get no other starting items. You do not need health potions. Once you can take the golems it's safe to sell this.

2. Sorcerer boots

Obvious

3. The Z ring

Ah ha! Why this? Everyone will call you crazy for getting this before any other AP item. Well this is where they're wrong. While they're busy writing five hundred page backstories for their guides, you'll be wracking up kills. I'll explain later.

4. Flexible

Depends what's going on at this point. If most of the enemy team has over 50 magic resist (you penetrate ~35 at this point), get an abyssal scepter (NEVER get void staff). Otherwise, you can get a Rylai's. If you think the game is going to last longer, now get a soulstealer.

GAMEPLAY

Early-

Harass with E like crazy. Try to use it when there aren't that many enemy minions around. It'll use all its bounces on the 2 enemy champions for major damage. Drain minions for health where needed. Don't be afraid to be super aggressive and run up to force enemy champions out of minion experience range. If they don't run, punish them with your spells.

The rest of the game-

Everything changes once you get your ultimate. At this point, whenever your ultimate is up you should ALWAYS be moving into gank position. Spot which laners aren't near their turret and move there. Get in brush if you can or behind a tree wall, or at least out of sight if you can't find either. Be sure to tell nearby allies what you are about to do.

Let fly with crowstorm. Use flash + ghost to quickly close on the enemy. If they run, stay with them. If it looks like they're going to get away, fear them. If they attack you, fear them then drain them.

Always try to get the golem buff. Politely, yet forcibly let the rest of your team know that the buff is a waste in anyone's hands but yours. Fiddle has unlimited regeneration as long as he has the blue buff, and having the cooldown reduction on your battle-winning ultimate is vital. DO NOT LET BUFF HOGGING WARWICKS TELL YOU OTHERWISE.

That's your strategy for the rest of the game. Nothing really changes.

Ok, let's talk the Z ring. Why so important to rush it right after boots?

The stasis, baby.

See, most people tell you that fiddle shouldn't jump in until after an initiation. With the Z ring, YOU are the initiator. Make sure everyone is ready to go, jump into the enemy team with crowstorm, darkwind to silence them all, then fear the most threatening one. The silence buys you a second or two. Once they focus you for real and it becomes obvious you're going to die in the next half second, activate the Z ring. You are now invincible for 2 seconds as the enemy team continues to waste time clicking on you and wondering why they aren't attacking you.

For most characters, hitting the Z ring takes you out of the game for those 2 seconds, but not Fiddle! Crowstorm will continue to inflict damage while you're invincible. How awesome is that?

Try this, love it. Do not listen to traditional players telling you to get a soulstealer then void staff. Let them work on their Warwick/Annie slash fiction while you're wracking up kills with one of the most damaging team fight ultimates in the game COUPLED WITH TOTAL INVINCIBILITY!

Schokcha

05-04-2010

I'll summarize:

Press R, win.
:>

OrthodoxChaote

05-05-2010

I see where you're going with this, I do, but, here's something to consider: Haunting Guise ALSO gives you total invincibility. 5% spell vamp for aoe. Doesn't sound like much, right? I mean, 5% of a hundred damage is 5 HP. Who cares? 5% of all your damage to all of them, plus minions, if you initiate into their whole team + a minion wave, gives you such hilarious life regen that you're invincible until your ult is over. Particularly if you also fear, wind and drain various targets.

Also flashing with your ult is for girls. Set up ganks through solid terrain and you can just ult right into them, and then when the ult is over and several are dead and others are running flash + exhaust will allow you to chase them down.

THAT is how a man plays Fiddlesticks.

Poochy

05-05-2010

select fiddle...done

P.S. take a z ring and have fun

Yellow Jester

05-05-2010

Boots 3 + Force of Nature, win. Also take ghost, ignore flash.

Hyfe

05-05-2010

I'm gonna have to try it.

FABIOForever

05-06-2010

The false Fiddle prophets have already started trying to infiltrate! Stand fast, true believers. Trust in Z and you shall be saved!

The spell vamp for guise is, and will always be, pointless. Even if you are dishing out 5000 damage a second you will still only be regenerating 250/sec. Hardly invincible jumping into a late game team, and I highly doubt you're ever going to be dishing that much damage.

Kilt

05-06-2010

Z ring + Rylai's + crowstorm = pentakill.