Published Facts about Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

D3Reap3R

Emissary of the League

08-06-2011

Hi everyone! This is a list with every facts that we know about Dominion yet. I'm updating it as more information come in I'd like to share it with everyone!

• Map is called "Crystal Scar", mode is called "Dominion". It's a circular map.
    • Lore: A "Field of Justice" in Kalamanda. Warzone between Noxus and Demacia for rights of mining and a chain of mysterious incidents, like an executed Noxian soldier and a destroyed cave of Demacian that resulted in several casualties. Time stasis placed after first signs of an escalation were unfolding, while the League started to build a battle field ("Field of Justice") over it.
    • Objective: "Capture and hold" 5 strategic points to drain your enemies' count. Every count starts with 500. If it drains to 0, you lose. Players click on a spot while around it to initiate a channel to take it over; The more players channel, the faster it takes over. You go through every phase (Aggressive -> Neutral -> Friendly) before taking it completely over.
      • Teams lose points for interrupted channeling, due enemies controlling spots, getting killed and completing mini quests.
      • The health of the Nexus is displayed in the middle of the upper area on the screen.
    • Noteable: Turbulences at Kalamanda awakened "Skarner, The Crystal Vanguard" and his people.
  • You start with level 3 instead of 1 and have 1375g+ instead of 475g. Gold-rate is also significantly increased.
  • Items changes/additions in Dominion
    • New: Ionic Spark (????g): Health, attackspeed; UNIQUE Active: Launches a chain towards an enemy, binding him for some time.
    • New: Odyn's Veil (2715g): 350 Health, 350 Mana, 50 Magic Resistance / UNIQUE Passive: Reduces and stores 10% of magic damage dealt to you; UNIQUE Active: Deals 200 + (Damage stored) [Max 400] magical damage (Cooldown: 90 seconds)
    • New: Oracle's extractor (250g): Effect unknown; Most likely related to invisible
    • New: Prospector's Ring (950g): 40 AP; Effect unknown
    • New: Hextech Sweeper (1870g): 50 AP; Effect unknown; Most likely related to Hextech Gun
    • New: Frozen Warhammer (???? g): 70 Damage, 275 HP; Passive: 25% chance of slowing the target for 3.5 seconds; Active: 100% chance to slow your target (Cooldown: 90 seconds)
    • New: Unknown (???? g): +50% Attack Speed ​​+20% life steal / Liabilities: Reveals the target for 8 seconds
    • Example change: Doran's Blade, Doran's Shield, Doran's Ring, Banshee's Veil, Madred's Razors, Wards, Elixirs are banned/restricted.
    • Example change: Madred's Razor is not accessible on "Crystal Scar".
      • Madred's Bloodrazor is still accessible, though. It's unknown (and unlikely) that Wriggle's Latnern is also removed. Unconfirmed!
  • Summonerspells for Dominion
    • "New" spell: 'Promote' re-appears - improves an allied unit and makes it stronger. - Dominion only for now
    • New Spell: 'Garrison' comes up - either improves an own tower with ASPD and Damage or lowers the ASPD and Damage of an enemies' tower. - Dominion only for now
    • Teleport is not accessible on Dominion.
    • Fortify is not accessible on Dominion.
  • You gain points instead of stats (Kills/Deaths/Assists)
    • Example: 30 points for killing on a post (No matter if taken or not!)
    • Example: 40 points for neutraling a post and 40 points to capture a point
    • Scoreboard is showing and ranking who's having the most points
  • Capturable Spots:
    • Aggressive: Attacks any enemy that is around it, similar to towers. Automatically aggressive to enemies.
    • Neutral: Does not attack and is not actively draining enemies' Nexus.
    • Friendly: Attacks any enemy that is around it, similar to towers. Automatically friendly to allies.
    • Spots spawn creeps instead of Nexus
  • There are bushes, but they are few and not important in this mode.
  • UI Changes
    • Kills are listed on the right under the "Counter" in the upper right.
    • More/better informations shown on the character (Gotten points, dealt damage, gained heal, etc.)
  • A game is fast-paced and 10 up to 20 minutes
    • As the game goes on and "gets more heated", the music turns up in volume and gets faster/"more dramatic".
  • No neutral minions, but new buffs in the middle of the map ("Greater Relics") and in layers around. First layer is having a "Speed Shrine", which gives increased Movement speed for some time. There are 5 Power-ups as "regeneration enchanter" further out of the layer. The last layer holds the spots to capture.
    • Nullifies Jungling!
    • Power-ups are supposed to enchant a fighter to make one-on-ones more one-sided. Getting them leaves one vulnerable, though.
    • New field situation changes game-meta concerning area; requires new tactics and enables new combinations
  • No Summonerlevel restriction!
    • New! Normal Games in Dominion AND Classic (prohably) turn into possible Draft-modes!
  • Dynamic Quest System:
    • Players are given mini-objectives in-game. They are rewarding the team on completion.
    • Example: Two towers beside each other, one aggressive and one friendly. "One of these Towers will be designated as your 'quest objective' and the task will be to capture the enemy tower before they capture yours. Quoted from here: "http://www.curse.com/articles/lol-en-news/982900.aspx"

Izeo

08-06-2011

I thought they said you started with some number like 1875g o.o (And the item Odyn's Veil has already been shown and it's stats displayed) and are you sure the mode is called "Capture and Hold" ? I know that's what it's referred to in other games and they'll say "it's a Capture and Hold kind of mode" but I thought the name "Dominion" was supposed to be the name of the mode, as they'll say "whether players are playing Dominion or Classic, <blah blah blah>"

And since there have been quite a few threads like this, if you want yours to stick you should put links for everything you say so none of it is questionable (i.e. You say there is some unknown, crossed sword and staff item -- link to where you saw it).

And why put "Accessable for level XX+" ? o.o If that XX is "01" then there's no point in putting that line :P (unless you're saying "Confirmed that it's not accessable until you've achieved a certain level" which is totally different)

"Are spots teleportable ?" They've said, or at least news articles have said they've said... that Teleport will not be available on this map. I wouldn't be surprised if Dominion's release was a reason they suddenly hurried to nerf the range on global movement spells (panth tf) this last patch.

D3Reap3R

Emissary of the League

08-06-2011

I'm going through a lot of material right now and update it a hell lot. Sorry for previously wrong informations :P I try to get this completed asap.

AlevOrgiy

08-06-2011

This looks like Demigod and some other games, but i forget their names

muggleLover13

08-06-2011

What is a "Summonerlevel Restriction"? (like lvl 20+ can play? or like your character can go past level 18?)

D3Reap3R

Emissary of the League

08-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by muggleLover13 View Post
What is a "Summonerlevel Restriction"? (like lvl 20+ can play? or like your character can go past level 18?)
Summonerlevel as in "You are level 21, so you can use Tier 3 runes"
No, you can not level past 18 :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlevOrgiy View Post
This looks like Demigod and some other games, but i forget their names
I know what you mean, but I think it's more like WoW's Arathi but way more fast-paced.

firewill

08-06-2011

Excelent post +1 very informative.