Problem with black screen

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CLynn

09-28-2009

I have the same problem my Graphic card is GeForce 9800 GX2, I dont hink my card is not support newest drivers, how can i do it? plz

DemiDivine

10-05-2010

Im having the same problem game is darker for some odd reason also If u alt+enter it takes u to window mode
which fixes the color but if u go back it still becomes dark

sweetgas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-27-2010

I have same problem now with a black screen at the start of a game, but it goes away if I constantly move my screen around in the map. It just started 3 days ago. I tired all graphics settings and tried reinstalling the game and reinstalling my vid card driver.

I have a GTX 260 card so running this game is not stressing out the card.

Also with my problem, the field of view for my champ doesn't update correctly. It goes away if I move the screen with my mouse. So lets say i don't move my screen but I have my champ go from one side of the screen to the other his field of view doesn't update until after I move the screen.

11-21-2010

i was having the sme problem....but then i changed everything to medium, xept the shadows they go off, and turned off vertical sync, switched to a different resolution, then back to what it was at...remember to hit ok after you change anything, then go back to video....if you dont know how to get to these things, press esc in game (make your own custom game) but when you start a new game you just need to change resolutions.... im sorry if i didn't help but if i did help someone then awesome

Metacom

02-05-2011

i get this sometimes but as bad as what you said lol. all i do is tick run in window box then untick it and that should work.

TrueMasterFoX

04-03-2011

SOLVED, THE ONE AND ONLY SOLUTION AND POST NEEDED TO SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM IF BLACK SCREENED AT CLIENT GAME INITIALIZATION

Listen, anytime I've had this problem and this has occurred to me and my friends multiple times the exact problem lied with DirectX. Do not even bother using dxdiag or anything of the sort or reinstalling League of Legends. Go straight for the newest dx3d9_#.dll. The newest should be 42. You may have to restart or register it using regsvr32 from command prompt. If this doesn't solve it which it did for me but not for others visit this link:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...a-9b6652cd92a3

Install and enjoy.

Note: This fix is only for those who receive a black screen when attempting to join or create a game. Other than this simply update your display drivers.

Note to Developers: Use yo **** brain ****in biatchesss.. You should post the direct answer to solve this reoccuring problem instead of having people ask or look through thousands of threads on a forum. Seriously pissin me off...

ultrablue18

04-08-2011

I had this same problem on my PC and was able to fix it by the above suggestion coupled by uninstalling / reinstalling Adobe AIR entirely. Found the DLL files at http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dl...shtml?d3dx9_39

Buck3tH3ad

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-12-2011

thanks skimmer, your solution is the only one here that actually makes any sense..... and it works, new ati drivers are FAIL
this was also the only reasonable explanation because the game had worked flawlessly for me before i updated my drivers.... hard to believe newest drivers are worse than the old ones.... stupidness, btw, i agree with fox, i found this thread through google, and that was after i looked through the forums for hours, which are pretty much chaos, then again.. it could be worse

rafyg

06-23-2011

I have been playing this game for a while now and really enjoyed playing with other teammates, but the problem is this game has TO MANY TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES. Everytime there's a new patch for the game, there's always a problem. For example, when I finish updating the new patch sometimes I get an error saying "connection failed" or "SERVER IS DOWN" and I check the website and the server still up. Also, one of the problems that I have recently is when you are in the champion selection just before you start the match, I choose my champion then the League of legends logo comes up but after that it gives me a black screen . Just for that problem I got suspended for 10 days due to disconnecting, which I didn't it is the riots system that has a lot of technical problems. I have disconnected 25 times playing this game and about 80% is because of technical difficulties.

I am not trying to offend RIOT because I know you guys are professionals and you guys are trying the best to fix all of this issues. all I want is to fix this issues so that we can feel safe just after a patch or before starting a game.

Thank you and sorry for my bad English writing

Euphorix

09-27-2011

Okay, I have the same problem, but I solved it. What I did is typed my username [TAB] password and hit enter. It's just my screen wouldn't show the title, hope it works.