Why Evelyn not high level champion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cH053n

09-07-2009

So the word is with Evelyn

She owns pugs because people are noobs

She is worthless against anyone who use potion and spell, so no good in tournament play

IMO a smart person playing Evelyn can adapt to those situations and in team play can be very good.

looney

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-07-2009

In tournament she won't go sneak on 5 people kill one and then run back.
She will be fighting with a team and she will sneak around after the big clash so..
Though I think there could be no delay on Shadow walking while being attacked.

By the way I have a little problem with her Shadow walk skill, sometimes it doesn't stun, anybody else with similar problem?

Smiling Bandit

09-07-2009

had it occur once on me untli now, thought i just missed or time ran out on shadow walk but I was pretty sure to check time left before going in.
Evelyn will propably be played like any dota stealth hero and they do perform well though the enemies buy wards etc.
Noob question: do u see wards when u have a ward urself nearby? If thats the case it will become a money game and evelyn simply by virtue of being there will cost ur enemy money.

Vindico Atrum

09-07-2009

She is a one trick pony, which means she is a no go. You need many roles within the team, and youonly have 5 places.

Think Dota, top picks where never the 1-trick ponies.

Tide - AoE Disable, ranged single target slow
Potm - Long disable, int-like nuke, team invis
Warlock - Good early babysitter, awesome ult for teamfights
Earthshaker - Double disabler/stunner, initiator

Whereas if I put say, Troll Warlord here -

Troll - single target damage.

He can't do anything else, but wail at one guy at a time till they die. Sure he has the tools to do it, but its pretty ineffective.

Vins

09-07-2009

lol still Eve is like rikimaru in competitive play an assassin that sneaks out in a fight and kill the support when all are agresed on the tank,so does evelyn like a played a game they were flaming me for playing her coz she is OP.. lol and they all had elixir of oracle but still in team fight i was taking them down really easy while they were fighting i was sneaking beinhd and killing soraka in 3 hits

Nex Sanctum

09-07-2009

In DotA you could counterpick, so playing a one-trick pony wasnt feasible. However with blind picking, its more of a hit and miss. A lot of high ranked players would never expect you to play stealth, and therefore wont counterpick against a stealth champion. Wards are not THAT big of an issue.

Bottom line, a good player can make it work.

Vins

09-07-2009

vagrant thats why rikimaru is picked the last so he wont get counterpicked ^^

Sciz

09-07-2009

Where are all the intelligent people on the forum today? Have they just given up on these types of threads, because the common consensus in this one seems to be that Eve is a feasible pick in high level play. Eve is ****, a pubstomper, hard countered by a 175 gold ward.

TheHeretic

09-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsession View Post
She is a one trick pony, which means she is a no go. You need many roles within the team, and youonly have 5 places.

Think Dota, top picks where never the 1-trick ponies.

Tide - AoE Disable, ranged single target slow
Potm - Long disable, int-like nuke, team invis
Warlock - Good early babysitter, awesome ult for teamfights
Earthshaker - Double disabler/stunner, initiator

Whereas if I put say, Troll Warlord here -

Troll - single target damage.

He can't do anything else, but wail at one guy at a time till they die. Sure he has the tools to do it, but its pretty ineffective.
Troll was a popular carry in tournaments for a time.

Faro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-07-2009

Hard countered for the rest of the game (if played well) by a 450g elixir.