Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Anyone Recall AoTZ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

catowar

08-05-2011

Alright... there was this WC3 map back when games like DoTA and all that were just geting really big... called Advent of the Zeth (or something like that) and it was AWESOME.

I really hope This new game mode takes ideas from that... (Thinks like recurting NPC heros' that gard camps and spawn new kinds of minons... "epic" items for if the game drags on far, far to long, ect.)

Just saying.

KudoKou

08-06-2011

Biggest thing I recall about that map was that it was terribly imbalanced (like all WC3 DotA clones that weren't ToB). I played the Imp and rolled faces harder than you could imagine.

plasmatorture

Recruiter

08-06-2011

I loved that one. Advent of the Zenith, Age of Myths, and Tides of Blood all had really really good ideas for heroes/gameplay/etc. that I sure hope Riot paid attention to. Some of these advances were system related (you could restart the match IN GAME in AoM for instance, and the way it handled hero selection was cool) that might not necessarily cross over to LoL, but others more balance related (AoM splitting items up so that str, agi, and int heroes had access to distinctly different items) or just creativity related (all three had some extremely awesome heroes in it) would be great to see inspire LoL.

I'd love that one guy from AotZ who could hide in creeps and stuff.

LupusVesica

03-12-2012

AotZ was my favorite AoS. Never got into DotA due to the terrible community. And for the record, AotZ is not imbalanced, you just never got to learn all the heroes if you think so.

LuluBella

03-12-2012

it was fun, but not really hosted often enough