Frames per second

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CL420

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-04-2010

Well ever since i started playing.. about a month or more ago ive always had 60fps on all high settings and it never moved up or down was just capped at all times.. now after this most recent update My fps has now dropped to about 25-30 mid game.. it goes 60 for first little while then will eventually settle at 25-30. I dont know if others are noticing a problem. But if anyone has any advice it would be helpful. Also i have avast professional and i clean my comp regularly so these arent problems

Broomy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-04-2010

Sounds interesting.

Rajik

05-04-2010

Try reading through this thread and perhaps give some of those solutions a shot:

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=82943

It has been happening for a lot of us off and on for the last few patches.

CL420

05-04-2010

Its not microstuttering.. the fps has just dropped drastically for no reason.. I have a 2.33ghz intel quad core with 4 gigs ram and 1gig vram nvidia 9500gt

Rajik

05-04-2010

That thread has more info than just microstuttering. Can you post a DxDiag log please?

CL420

05-04-2010

here is my dxdiag

Rajik

05-04-2010

Have you upgraded your video drivers directly from the nVidia website? Also try getting a program called HWMonitor to watch your system temperatures. You also should try and play at a lower resolution and turn off shadows just to see if that helps fix the issue.

CL420

05-04-2010

normally i play games at 1920x1080 but i play this at like 1280x720 or something but i always ran the game at all high low shadows and 1280x720 and it stayed at 60 fps at all time. I will go check out the HWmonitor because just in the past few hours my computer has shutoff twice instantly by itself so im thinking it might be heat related now

EDIT: Alright so heres the temps all 4 cores seem to be between 70-80c now i know a few days ago i was messing with a single core comp of my girlfriends and i got it down to about 40c with just a heatsink and fan.. idk if the quad cores will naturally run hotter or if that is indeed to hot. nvidia 9500gt is at 54-56c. I guess i will mess around with the heatsink some and see if i can get it down. But as i said i am not sure if quadcores just naturally will be hotter or if the heatsink just isnt doing its job.

Rajik

05-04-2010

Could be a fan died or something like that maybe, good luck I hope you this works for you.

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

05-05-2010

Maximum running temperature for that processor is around 71 C, coupled with your computer restarting does seem to indicate a heat issue or hardware problem.