So is Galio good now?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nammycakes

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2011

He can farm creeps better then any other tank in the game, and can harass like a boss (I have killed champs that were under their tower while I was outside tower range)

Also, his ult is as good as Amumu's ult but does more damage. Sure some people with Merc treads may be able to run out before it detonates, but they are still stunned for about 2 seconds before they can run away. Time that 2 second AoE stun with a Crowstorm, Annie ult, or even just a Corki spamming his AoE and its pretty much GG

Faintear

08-05-2011

I think the main thing that's hurting Galio is that he's labeled as a tank. He just isn't a good main tank. Galio is probably best as your secondary tank or as an AP support.

Mythdemeanor

08-05-2011

Galio's strong. His only problem is that he's pretty easily countered.

Ranged champions that buy Merc treads can walk out of his ulti, and if Blitz or Xin activate their knockup abilities they can instapop it once taunted. If Udyr hits bear stance he will too.

Seeing how Udyr is one of the top champions right now, Galio is pretty much a last pick only champion. Too easy to negate.

Zerro Enna

08-05-2011

Try out this build and play him as a "Tanky AP" champ (not full tank).

0/9/21 masteries with chalice > merc treads > hextech revolver. Then either get a blasting wand if their ad isn't a threat or glacial shroud if their ad is farmed. Next, is your abyssal scepter and finish off that frozen heart. If you haven't won at this point then pick up an hp item.

This isn't even a full build and you should have around 350 ap 185 armor and 180ish MR.

InsertANameHere

08-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unholyrath View Post
Firstly, you're a sheep, and you proved it by simply asking this question after watching Hotshot play as Galio.
If I was a sheep, I'd say "OMG HOTSHOT PLAY GALIO GALIO IS GOD TIER INSTA 1ST PICK/BAN" I asked for the opinion of others, not just one top player. Yeah, took a lot of thought to come up with that, eh?

MarthaJones

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsertANameHere View Post
I play what champions I have fun with in normals. In ranked games, however, I want to play what will win.
And the champs that will win is what you see pros playing right?, because any champ that isn't popular is automatically sub-par.

Seriously. if your playstyle maximized what a champ is good at, then likely its viable in your level of play. Even if its a situational champ.

durpado

08-05-2011

yeah galio tier 1 lets get him nurfed. Start the fotm guys.

Yaiba83646

08-05-2011

I've been placing galio forever. his passive is part of what makes him so strong. trick is don't just build him straight tank. build him very tanky with a good amount of ap. he becomes very vicious very quickly. and don't initiate with his ult. stay in the middle of your team and wait for them to jump in then catch the whole team

yomady

08-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsertANameHere View Post
I play what champions I have fun with in normals. In ranked games, however, I want to play what will win.
Unless you're 1800+ (and even so oO), every single hero is viable and can win, ha. FACTS.

Metric Graves

02-15-2013

I think he's pretty awesome... just haven't gotten the hang of him yet.

In my opinion all the champions are great, some are just harder to master than others.
My personal favorite is Heimerdinger though.