So is Galio good now?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gun fu panda

08-05-2011

Galio is fantastic. Don't listen to the haters. Pick him and go kick some AP carry's ass at mid. You actually gain health from standing in Karthus's defile with Bulwark up. :3

Project SSS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2011

I've always loved Galio since he came out. Whether they nerf or buff him i always do well with him. And his commando skin is so badass

Healcannon

08-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verx Interis View Post
I wouldn't say he's good, but he's at least okay. The extra damage reduction on his ult makes it a lot easier to turn a fight around at low HP. It's still easy to break his ult if he doesnt get all 5 of you though.
ever ulted a jax? doh

ZigZagJoe

08-05-2011

No, he's still **** tier. Per usual, riot went around the buffs completely wrong. The problem with galio is his skillset is so unfocused - decent initiation, poor tanking, terrible support. What he needs is a specific role. I've carried games as galio, but they are the exception, not the rule. More often, you soak up farm that could be better used by a carry. You flash, you ult, and you may as well walk away then.

First, here's what galio got:

He gained +5 armour at level 1, and -4 at level 18. This is fine.

He gained 25 HP at level 1. Underwhelming; he needed more per level rather than base.

His Q was made cheaper and somewhat faster. Too bad it's still a poor CC and just as useless post laning phase.

His shield gained half a second. Whoopdie ****. It needed more like double the duration, not half a second. Come on.

He gained 20% damage reduction while ulting. Nice on paper, except galio never had problems surviving his ult to begin with. Points for effort.

What he needs is a clear decision by riot as to what he is supposed to be. Is he a tank, or is he a support?

If he's to be a tank: Give him 10-30 armour/MR passive on his shield, and double duration if self-cast. Better yet would be to give his Q a microstun ala heimer nade in the center. Reduce base damage of non-ult skills and AP scaling.

If he's to be a support: Double his shield duration regardless of target, and rework his E. An idea would be to make it knock back enemies a maximum of 600 distance, which would make it much better for protecting carries and disrupting the enemies.

Either way: His shield needs to heal the target of shield, not just galio.

InsertANameHere

08-05-2011

Bump. Want more people's thoughts.

Dyne Serris

08-05-2011

Galio has always been a decent pick. Just nobody really gets him... I played Galio before the buff and still destroyed people. Never understood what the whole "Galio is weak" nonsense was.

Zoram

08-05-2011

Galio got buffs, and it worked, however he is still only really good if the enemy relies on AP damage.

IS12c83a29a1961f5f8a5e9

08-05-2011

He has and always will destroy people with DoTs, send him top against Singed and go full health off of a few poison ticks

Unholyrath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2011

Firstly, you're a sheep, and you proved it by simply asking this question after watching Hotshot play as Galio.

Secondly, he's been a decent pick for a long time. It's just he's much less of a niche champion now. It's hard to hate having your carry get 90 Armor/MR, and your entire team having 2 seconds of free killing against the enemy team.

I do think he needs a different passive. I get they were going for a sort of Anti-AP Rammus passive, but I'd rather have something more useful for all-around tanking.

MathMage

08-05-2011

Most UP champions are just UnderPlayed.