A New Champion Approaches: Skarner, the Crystal Vanguard

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Loerka

08-05-2011

niiice

A Snuggly Pillow

08-05-2011

I was hoping he'd be a little bigger...but he looks amazing in-game

snowstriker

08-05-2011

He seems cool but did we really need another self heal? D: He seems kinda Nocturneish! :x

BlazinRaisin

08-05-2011

I smell a jungler

Nesi

08-05-2011

I can promise that the passive will be nerfed.

IMSOJUICY

08-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperness View Post
is that Annie getting impaled in the screenshot?

no surprise there.
would've preferred teemo?

Liquid Fox

08-05-2011

First champion in awhile that seems a little lackluster IMO.

First of all, I thought he was portrayed as a --GIANT-- crystal scorpion. Not a tiny little crystal scorpion that's about the size of a preteen little pyromaniac girl. He should DEFINITELY be bigger, and more brutal looking, he's a scorpion. I thought you guys were making a monster?

Also... Impale... wow, disappointment. I like how the ability works, but seriously? His tail shoots a little ray that "impales", I guess? He's supposed to be a giant monstrous scorpion made of crystal (sharp) he should impale the **** out of someone with his tail, in a brutal manner, THEN drag them around, and the second damage part could be when he brutally rips his tail out of the victim. That's what I imagined this whole time at least, and was very excited.

His passive seems alright, but it's a definite rip off from Ezreal. Why not listen to the community and make a burrow type skill as a passive? Maybe every 4th spell he uses will cause him to burrow afterwards, while still being able to move (similar to Vlad's Pool) and slows and damages enemies above SLIGHTLY. Also if you time this passive on the 4th spell when you Impale someone, instead of dragging them around you just impale them then lift them up and slam them brutally in the ground, for the same amount of damage and a stun.

Just a random suggestion, don't mind me. But yeah, some minor changes could definitely cause more players to buy him, as he stands now he seems like the least attractive champion you guys have had in awhile.

-Thanks, Hate.

DiábolosxMédousa

08-05-2011

WoW, can't wait for his release, althought to be honest... I was hoping for something a tad bit Bigger >.>

Tanoshii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2011

They complain about champions sustaining in lane, which is why Wukong got no heal of any kind, and then they go and give Skarner a self heal. :S

MrShift

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2011

while the impaled one is being held, can your teammates still atack him? or he will be untargetable?