Amumu - Despair

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PineappleThis

05-04-2010

Is Despair pure, unmitigated damage/ loss of life regardless of armor or magic resistance?

And would haunting guise allow him to drain life using despair with the spell vamp passive? Not sure how its considered in terms of a spell.

yakbutter

05-04-2010

why would despair be unmitigated?? it's obviously magic and falls under magic resistance...

TaigaStance

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-04-2010

Despair damage is calculated based on enemy's HP.
Damage reductions are then applied to calculated damage.

PineappleThis

05-04-2010

The reason I said that is because it says it drains enemies life based on max HP. It doesn't really specify that it's dealing magic damage.

TaigaStance

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-04-2010

You can safely assume that if it's damage from an ability, it's magic damage.
Hence why Abyssal scepter is one of many items used on Amumu builds, mainly due to the magic penetration. The same goes for his passive.

PineappleThis

05-05-2010

But by that logic, all spell penetration would increase the damage he deals, i.e. sorcerer's boots, haunting guise, and void staff. I have never heard of those types of items increasing his despair damage.

Carados

05-05-2010

Mainly because no one talks about Despair.

Amranu

05-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PineappleThis View Post
But by that logic, all spell penetration would increase the damage he deals, i.e. sorcerer's boots, haunting guise, and void staff. I have never heard of those types of items increasing his despair damage.
These items don't synergize very well with Amumu, his passive is MR reduction, whereas these are MR penetration.

PineappleThis

05-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
Mainly because no one talks about Despair.
Well I'm bringing it back! He deserves some attention, he's one of the least played champions of all time :'(

And I think he can be a good counter to tank-dominant champs like Shen... and well I want to kill Shen, I see him too much and he's getting on my nerves.

Carados

05-05-2010

He's getting a small rework in the test realm currently, you'll see more of him after that patch hits.

He's no Necrolyte sadly.