Kayle and Haunting Guise

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AwkwardRobot

05-04-2010

So when I play Kayle I usually go AP attack speed, well, at least i have the last two matches i played (and scored fairly well) I go with nashors tooth and boots depending on the enemy team make up... Then, I decided to try out Haunting Guise, the health, the ap, the magic pen. it all seemed pretty good... I liked it... I go on to get a guinsoo's but that is besides the point... Anyways, question, am i wrong in getting Haunting Guise, is there a better item i could be investing in that has all the perks of Guise but with a better advantage towards Kayle, what gets me is the Spell Vamp. I feel like it is kind of a waste of money, but the health and AP combo is nice for me...
Suggestions?

DreamyDays

05-04-2010

I'm not a Kayle user but let me give an answer.

I think the big question here is....

"Do you want MPen?"

Haunting Guise gives MPen, HP, AP, Spell Vamp.
If you build AP - ASPD, maybe you want that MPen.

575 gold for 20 MPen is not bad, IMO.

Just think of Spell Vamp as "free" bonus that might help or not )
Just like that 10 cent discount coupon you receive for buying 10$ or more from a shop.....

Chisleu

05-04-2010

I only find kayle's AoE fire attack really useful against turrets, where the magic pen would help. I don't like it. I think spell vamp is useless until they get 1-2 more items with it so you can get to the 30-40% range. How about a necromancer or vampire champ with spell vamp passive? That would be sweet.

zCryptz

05-04-2010

Morgana.

But to elaborate a champion that specialized in the vamp would be fun.

cookiesplease

05-06-2010

haunting guise on morgana still sucks

Eat dat chammich

05-06-2010

Did your auto attacks with Righteous Fury on give you health back? If so I think the item would do just fine for Kayle. If not, you still get good magic pen/health/ap.

Kragorn

05-06-2010

Haunting Guise is a good item for Kayle for the price. The spell vamp really does not provide that much healing (10% of your max Q is only ~30 health). It should work with RF, but it's multi target so that is only 5%. The health, AP, and MP are good though. Just view it as a bonus.

I prefer to get max cooldown items first as it benefits all four of your abilities. You can pump out more Q's and have R ready at almost all times. I like Nashor's, other items work well depending on team makeup and how you want to build her.

JohnCataldo

05-08-2010

A brief consideration of Haunting Guise:

- It's relatively cheap.

- There's not many magic penetration items. You probably have Sorceror's Boots anyway. Other choices include Abyssal Sceptre (not ideal unless the enemy has magic you care about AND you have other magic attackers on your team, though that isn't terribly uncommon), Void Staff (really only good vs. multiple tanks stacking magic resist). (Did I forget some?)

- Health is nice, and AP+Health items are not common. Consider if you'd prefer Rod of Ages or Rylai's Sceptre, which are the more common health+AP items of choice (and both quite good in their own right, though it varies from champion to champion -- Rylai's doesn't make a lot of sense on Kayle!)

- Obviously there are many other AP items, so it's mostly about magic penetration & health.

- Spell Vamp is nice, but only on a strongly magic caster. Kayle doesn't benefit much from this aspect of it, no matter how you build her she won't do a great amount of magic damage.

Fluffy1

05-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiesplease View Post
haunting guise on morgana still sucks
yeah recovering 20% of my hp every minion wave sucks....oh wait, no it doesnt.

morgana is the only hero the spell vamp is good on, only cause she already has a build in one.

as for kayle the AP and magic pen are exactly what you need, good item if your not going sorc shoes.

Lynxion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2010

Don't play Kayle.