About the frame rate...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iDainBramaged

08-05-2011

I saw both the IGN and the site video and i noticed that theirs a LOT more going on. I was wondering if there's more stress on the computer or if there's video options that will lower the quality?

The Uprising

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2011

yeah Riot's engine is terribly optimized, not saying i have a super computer, but sometimes I drop below 30 in teamfights... I don't drop below 30 in SC2 a game with far superior graphics.

iDainBramaged

08-05-2011

exactly. my friends computer can barely run LoL and I tell him to press the L key to get rid of to get rid of our minion's health bars to and he gets an average of 4 more fps. I dont understand how something as little as green bars could boost a computers performance.

The Uprising

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDainBramaged View Post
exactly. my friends computer can barely run LoL and I tell him to press the L key to get rid of to get rid of our minion's health bars to and he gets an average of 4 more fps. I dont understand how something as little as green bars could boost a computers performance.
The biggest hit was when they "improved" the engine by drawing effects on the floor, for instance ryze's q now has lightning effects, and frost looks different. That cost me like 40fps alone, and there's no way to turn it off.

iDainBramaged

08-05-2011

but seriously. the least they could do is turn off some of the animations like the windmill spinning. cus this game mode looks amazing and i would be pissed if i cant even run it...

Moms Spaghetti

08-05-2011

I agree about this fps issue we should be able to edit the map features further to up our fps...
right now I have to play on a laptop where I can get 30 fps on medium graphics and >20 in teamfights and I won't be able to get a new computer for a while. When I lower all the graphics to very low i still have the same frame rate which honestly makes no sense and I just hope they will add more options to make it easier/ possible for me to play this gametype

iDainBramaged

08-05-2011

yeah. i hope i can at least run decently.