1 million dollars first place for dominon winner or not?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ions03

08-05-2011

So i assume while the big bad valve tourny is going on for a flat million...... I assume the Dominion players will have the same chance at that kind of cash???? Cause If your showing dominion and there's a million dollar first place for a game that valve makes..................................... how many ppl r gonna be sitting at the dominion table and how many r gonna be like 1 million for a game that isnt out hmmmm is this riots last ditch effort?

Riot 1 mill or no is the question

Magma Armor0

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2011

the valve tourny is only available to the top X teams from DOTA 1. public not allowed to compete.

Ions03

08-05-2011

ok i want the 16 top LoL teams then why do i want 2 watch the public play that map.... so your saying riot isnt taking the top 16 lol teams and putting agaist for cash while valve is doing this?>??? you know everyone there will be **** riding DoTa2 its ****ing valve they have the money... Its not a knock on riot but valve > riot lol and dota2 might be just as good but media knows who valve is ppl dont really know who or what riot is to me its 6300....

F0rd

08-05-2011

And, knowing that I will never play professionally, I'd much rather have the more fun game to play than geting to watch other people compete for money (though that is cool too). If the more fun game ends up being DotA 2, awesome! But I doubt it.

Ions03

08-05-2011

Well i have giant bawls so Creep Deny / Bash / Hex / Losing gold when you die just gives me a hard on it doesn't make me say thats 2 hard or qq!~

Enemy Minion

08-05-2011

Domination isn't the competitive part of LoL. They just had that tourney.

Also, everyone knows how to play DotA 2 because it's identical to DotA, so having a tourney right away is doable. Nobody knows how domination will work out or how the balance will fall, so it wouldn't be very good.

Magma Armor0

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2011

hmmm...let's think.
would I rather PLAY Dominion...or watch some people play a game that I will never play?

Moomookitty

08-05-2011

Considering that riot put up 100,000 for a SR tourny, I imagine they have plans for larger cash pools. Keep in mind riot is much younger than valve which translates to more funds going towards company development. Besides, riot is catering to casual gamers, people who generally view these tournies solely as entertainment. At the end of the day, people will support the game for its gameplay, not cash pool.

I took the liberty of adding another copy of this with no punctuation for the OP.

Considering that riot put up 100,000 for a SR tourny I imagine they have plans for larger cash pools keep in mind riot is much younger than valve which translates to more funds going towards company development besides riot is catering to casual gamers people who generally view these tournies solely as entertainment at the end of the day people will support the game for its gameplay not cash pool

Lisztomaniac

08-05-2011

F0rd

08-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moomookitty View Post
I took the liberty of adding another copy of this with no punctuation for the OP.........................

Considering that riot put up 100,000 for a SR tourny!!??!!? I imagine they have plans for larger cash pools keep in mind riot........ is much younger than valve which translates to more funds going towards company development!?!!1! besides riot is catering to casual gamers people who generally view these tournies solely as entertainment??!!?!!?!?! .................................................. . at the end of the day people will support the game for its gameplay not cash pool
fix'd