Slow loaders

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

arruckus

08-05-2011

How does the map prevent faster teams from getting a position advantage over slower loading teams at the start of the game?

On Summoner's Rift the towers would prevent teams from taking overly aggressive positions with no consequences. On this map it seems like the faster teams could quickly run over and camp the far away points, immediately putting one team at a disadvantage.

Magma Armor0

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2011

you're not allowed to leave the starting platform until about the time minions would spawn on SR.

Dreampod

08-05-2011

The previews talked about being trapped in base until a 'bridge' extended to connect the base to the rest of the map.

Personally I'm more concerned about the increased time wasted by slow loaders when games take 20 mins instead of 40. A 5 minute load time is horrid when it is consuming 1/9 of your game but even worse at 1/5.

Enemy Minion

08-05-2011

There are people that just load so slow the game starts without you? o.O

Sprinkles169

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2011

ummmmmmmmm....games don't start until everyone, that means both full teams, have loaded completely and are ready to start. I think OP is a slow loader....just a hunch.

Kiddalee

08-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprinkles169 View Post
ummmmmmmmm....games don't start until everyone, that means both full teams, have loaded completely and are ready to start. I think OP is a slow loader....just a hunch.
So what if he is? And I don't think what you said about game starts being delayed is true. Haven't you ever had someone disconnect just as the game appeared on your screen?

AtomicWaffles

08-05-2011

being slow loader is bad but to fast of unloader is not good either.