Solo Kickassadin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Synapscape

05-04-2010

Hey everyone.

This is my (half-assed) guide to playing Kassadin that I typed up in about 10 mins. I've seen alot of guides and more often than not, if not all of them, insist that you get Force Pulse to 5 first by any means necessary. While this tactic works and is dandy... I was not satisfied with it. I wanted to do something a little different. When I play Kassadin, I focus ALOT of my attention to my Null Sphere (Silence spell). It really screws over whoever your laning against. (Did I mention you should grab mid if you can... People really underestimate Kass in mid, but he's a pretty gnarly beast!)

Below is my play style, run down of early, mid, and late game strategy. Because this is a solo players guide, I won't be going over teamwork strategy... Mainly being that you just can't rely 100% on your team-mates. Just assume they don't know wtf they're doing. So don't rely on them for anything. Kassadin is one of my favorite solo que champions. He's got great offensive abilities (Silence, Slow, High DPS) and probably my favorite ultimate in the game (A flash that can get down to 3 seconds.. AND DOES DAMAGE THE MORE YOU USE IT!!). Right, let the show begin!

Runes - Pretty much just AP... I start out with about 30+ AP in the game which does add up when you start harassing mid with Null Sphere.

Summoner Spells:
I know alot of guides all have their say at what you should use... It's all personal preference and how comfortable you are with your play style, in my opinion. But if you must know..
1. Ignite (More often than not, you won't be needing to use it since your 1,2,3 hit combo will generally finish off a squishy, but I like to have it to use when chasing someone with low health, almost always nabs me a kill)
2. Teleport (I know Kassadin has flash, but... I'm not someone that likes to be out of the battle for more than about 15 seconds at a time... So I use this to jump back in as soon as possible for more of that delicious exp and gold!)

What now?!

Masteries - 21/0/9
Offense - Grab anything with ability power, attack speed (Because he's melee) and ability cooldown. I'm sure you can figure it out If you're curious whether I go ignite one or 15% penetration, I go for the penetration.
Utility - Regen masteries to Greed. I also get the teleport one too.

Spells -
1. Null Sphere
2. Force Pulse
3. NS
4. FP
5. NS
6. Rift Walk
7. NS
8. FP
9. NS
10. FP
11. RW
12. FP
13+. Mana Leech one (Forget name)

Early game:
I always go for Chalice first, personally. Keeps me in the game longer. So start out with the mana regen pendant. MID MID MID MID MID. GO MID. Harass with Null Sphere as much as you can. They can't use anything against you when hit with it because of silence! If you can't mid. Try to pick a lane partner that will compliment you the most... Someone else with a silence so you can hopefully chain silence, or maybe someone with a stun or slow. I've found Singed to be pretty funny laning with. Right. So you have your Chalice, and hopefully a kill or 2... If you're mid, you can usually get off at least a kill before lvl 6. Once you have your Chalice, go for your boots. Which ones you pick are, again, preference... I like magic penetration alot, but sometimes I like to go for attack speed to help with getting last hits on creeps. Start building a Tear of the Goddess now... Trust me, 800 mana isn't going to do you jack squat in mid-late game... So you'll need a pretty hefty sized mana pool. This will get you up to at least 1900-2000.

Mid Game:
Again, I don't rely on my team-mates for anything, but if they're making an attempt to help the team by calling mia's and what not, ask someone for a hand to help you get a golem real fast. I choose the mana one for the cooldown reduction and mana regen. By this time, you should hopefully have enough money for a Soulstealer... I know it's the 4th item, but it comes pretty fast. Trust me. I've done it this way plenty of times and it's always worked out pretty well. Once you have Rift-Walk and Null Sphere 5... Go do some ganking. The combo you want to go for is, Rift Walk-NullSphere-ForcePulse (and maybe ignite for the lulz). Too many times have I seen red text say "WTF WAS THAT?!!"... Yes. You just wtf pwned someone in about 2 seconds.

Late Game:
You're probably dominating the score board right now, yes? How's it feel? Feels pretty good, huh? You feel like a winner, don't you? Well guess what... You are. <3
Anyways, at this point, you should go for a Void Staff. The extra penetration is nice against tanks, and depending on your items and masteries, it can pretty much nullify any magic resist against a normal dps champion.
Don't stray away too far from your team-mates. By no means is Kass an amazing lane pusher or anything. If you run into a big team fight, do not initiate or underestimate the situation. Kass can jump anywhere he please, but it takes a few seconds to jump back out and those few seconds can mean certain death to this champion. Analyze the situation and figure out who's squishiest, or who just got too ballsy and ran due to low health. I know it's tempting sometimes to riftwalk right onto a champ with 5% in a team fight, but don't. You never know what stuns will hit you and ruin your life. If anything, rift in just far enough to get a Nullsphere off... More than likely, it'll finish them off being that it does a pretty big amount of damage late game. So, maybe you have 15-20 stacks now and the void staff... You're at what.. 250 AP now? Somewhere around there... Go for Zhonya's if you think you'll have the time.

tl;dr version: Get AP, level Nullsphere up first, silence the world. dominate, Riftwalk all over the place. /laugh ...

Tom Bombadil

05-04-2010

ROFL you go ap and you build null sphere first?! First of all its initial damage is lower than force pulse and secondly force pulse has a better ap ratio. From personal opinion I would go q,e,e,q,e,r the null sphere is your beginning game harassment so get that first, then just force pulse it up bro. It's your bread and butter in teamfights.

Uberhenk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-04-2010

Awesome guide, Pretty much how i play him including the "dont expect your teammates to do jack ****" part

Ingriz

Recruiter

05-04-2010

i like the idea of null sphere first, havent really done that before for the obvious force pulse damage, so ill probably try that. Also, i'd like to add that for my first item i usually prefer catalyst over chalice just because it seems to help more in the long run when you build a RoA.

like the guide though, will probably try it next match w/ kass

Synapscape

05-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBombadil0220 View Post
ROFL you go ap and you build null sphere first?! First of all its initial damage is lower than force pulse and secondly force pulse has a better ap ratio. From personal opinion I would go q,e,e,q,e,r the null sphere is your beginning game harassment so get that first, then just force pulse it up bro. It's your bread and butter in teamfights.
Woah Bro... God forbid someone try something different and be successful with it, right?

Grist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-05-2010

try archangels staff on him. i start with a mana crystal and 1 of each pot

TheBubba

05-05-2010

I play kass fairly often and i gotta say both work. undeniably pumping force pulse will get you more damage but I'll pump null sphere if I'm against mages or someone a silence works good on.