To those Rioters who've played Dominion: Does it feel different or new enough?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

issfire

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Game Designer

08-06-2011
4 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haunted Eagle View Post
So assassins might actually be useful in organized Dominion games?
I want to stress that our design goal is to make every champion viable. As a team, we feel that we're pretty close. Every champion type has its role, although you might find that their roles and play-style could differ from what you're used to on summoner's rift.

Grandpappy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2011

I just wanted to jump in and say that I felt like you did for a long while. The big thing that kept me interested in this game is discovering ARAM. It's different enough, silly enough, and FUN enough that I ended up sticking around LoL for months solely playing ARAM. When I finally came back to normals/ranked, my interest was renewed because the meta had changed pretty significantly. I think Dominion will do the same. I'm quite excited.

AngerAlone

08-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpappy View Post
I just wanted to jump in and say that I felt like you did for a long while. The big thing that kept me interested in this game is discovering ARAM. It's different enough, silly enough, and FUN enough that I ended up sticking around LoL for months solely playing ARAM. When I finally came back to normals/ranked, my interest was renewed because the meta had changed pretty significantly. I think Dominion will do the same. I'm quite excited.
I agree. While I thoroughly enjoy SR and the style (and the fact that there is ranked play), Dominion will probably be the nice stress relief I need when I'm tilting on losses in SR. It'll definitely help me not get burnt out on the game.

Izeo

08-06-2011

Seems to me like assassins will be really strong / fun in Dominion, since it seems less teamfight-oriented and more skirmish-oriented.

Definitely looking forward to it Somewhere LeBlanc and Akali can be played more competitively :P

RBeckham

08-06-2011

You do realize that it is impossible for them to give a response that is anything other than praise and hype driving, right?

Bottleorum

08-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by issfire View Post
I want to stress that our design goal is to make every champion viable. As a team, we feel that we're pretty close. Every champion type has its role, although you might find that their roles and play-style could differ from what you're used to on summoner's rift.
I'd agree. However, I am worried that you may focus on balancing champions in Dominion, rather than 5v5 competitive PvP (let's be honest, this is LoL's "Battlegrounds", as compared to summoner's rift being their arena).

I'm curious here tbqh.

Ashaira

Adjudicator

08-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohums View Post
I strongly believe this is the case. Its the big reason Rioter's are so excited about this map. However of course once you've played it you'll be able to draw your own conclusions.

The gameplay is a very different experience from SR. There will be a lot of discover and learn, much of which I think non-rioters will discover before we do.
Take heed summoners. riots answers in this thread are led by a blind man. BLIND MAN!

Bakumian

08-06-2011

A blind man?! MADNESS!

issfire

Game Designer

08-06-2011
5 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaira View Post
Take heed summoners. riots answers in this thread are led by a blind man. BLIND MAN!
He maybe blind of sight, but he's true of heart

Daen

Recruiter

08-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by issfire View Post
Thanks. A different playstyle is something I'm looking forward to, I hope they are indeed useful in Dominion!