To those Rioters who've played Dominion: Does it feel different or new enough?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ventus72

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2011

I agree with you completely.

Sphincter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Rose View Post
But as a result... Well, I'm very competitive at heart. I'm competitive in all things. But playing the game nowadays - when last-hitting is so widely understood, when every team has mage-mid tank-top support/carry-bottom and a jungler without fail, when not getting a specific item on a specific champ identifies you immediately as awful - it feels like work. Winning is fun as hell. Losing sucks terribly. But the game, the game itself - I don't find the gameplay fun anymore.
I think that's the worse the game has right now, and lots of people will agree on your statement. It's not just that there's not much new out there, you also get "punished" by the community everytime you want to try something new. With a new mode where everybody is a "noob" again, lets hope this changes!

Precious Preston

08-05-2011

Dominion will probably be a bit refreshing, but the champs are still the same. Not that it's a bad thing, but don't expect that feeling you had when you first started playing.
That's my guess :P

Stoanadin

08-05-2011

honestly, I fee;that the problems people here are mentioning can only be solved by adjusting the summoner code to more clearly make negativity and insults bannable.

boourns

UI Designer

08-05-2011
2 of 6 Riot Posts

I've played a *lot* of games of Dominion and it feels completely different than SR. I am very interested to see what kind of strategies and counter strategies develop when you all get your hands on it. The champions may be the same, but if you read the articles online, you'll see that builds are different and your style of play is different in a lot of ways.

Morello

Lead Designer

08-05-2011
3 of 6 Riot Posts

Whether Dominion suits your specific gaming tastes or not, I don't think there can be any debate that it feels drastically different. Because of this, I feel a lot of players will play both SR and Dominion, and play which suits their mood or tendencies.

Cegil

08-05-2011

I think that boots of mob are going to be a lot more prevalent, and I also feel that mobility will become a lot more important as a general rule. So Nocturne, Twisted fate, Pantheon (after buffs), Master Yi, Shen etc. are going to be played a lot more, just because they will let you get to the nodes faster and grant exponentially better map control (obviously circumstance is a factor for Noct and Shen, but you have two other teleporty-characters to help them get there...). I see Nocturne being a real terror on that map.

Daen

08-05-2011

So assassins might actually be useful in organized Dominion games?

The Tsak

08-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haunted Eagle View Post
So assassins might actually be useful in organized Dominion games?
obviously im not a rioter
but from what i can grasp they will be quite useful
as a lot of 1v1 or small skirmishes will be happening a lot and frequent
and if its something assassins shine at its small skirmishes
that's why they dominate TT

YoshioPeePee

08-05-2011

yeah i used to get waaay more excited about buying a new champion before i read every guide under the sun, and played against them all to the point where i am familiar with all of them at a basic level

but losing the new game smell doesn't really bother me at all, league is still fun and this new dominion thingy is all kinda of exciting