"Dominion" Explained

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TJPetrakis

08-05-2011

Found it

The objectives in Dominion are simple: capture and hold more points than your opponent's team, and for each point you hold over them you'll tick down their starting score of 500 by that amount. Do you spread out and take as many points as possible or do you stick together and secure the ones you have? These are the kinds of questions you'll need to wrestle with as you play. There are five points spread out along a circular path with interconnecting lanes passing through the center.

In addition to the map itself, a number of changes have been implemented to tailor cap and hold to League of Legends. Champions begin the match at a higher level and with more starting gold than in the classic gametypes. This gets you into the action right away. So instead of laning, farming and harassing at the beginning of the match, you will get into big team fights right in the first 30 seconds of the game and you'll have a variety of skills already at your disposal.

Items have been refined with new ones being added and a few problematic ones, particularly some of the powerful defensive ones like Banshee's Veil, restricted. The intent was to make all the champions viable and let the items really balance out play. A new points system serves to emphasize team play instead of simply kills, deaths and assists. As one dev put it, "There are no hopeless moments in dominion, only heroic ones. Dying while holding off three opponents while your team caps two points is heroic, where as in classic League of Legends death is almost always a negative."

The result is a League of Legends experience that has quick and furious combat right at the get go and sustained throughout the average 20 minutes of play. After my first hands-on I couldn't help but scrawl 23 minutes of awesome in my notepad. Every match I played and observed came down to the wire, with less than 20 points deciding the match. I even got to take part in what was almost a 200 point deficit upset when we swept and captured all five points.

League of Legends: Dominion will be hands-on playable at Gamescom and PAX, and Riot Games promises to release it "when it's ready" but said to expect it soon after PAX.

Magicapples

08-05-2011

Tower defense!!!

and wtf is a pax? sounds racist

TJPetrakis

08-05-2011

hahah basically

Saìnt

08-05-2011

Uhm...

Okay.

It's not like all of this is in the actual announcement or anything.

genericpoop

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2011

it seems you have yet to find the dominion forums though

MahatmaGanja

08-05-2011

great i already hated arathi in WoW.....
well at least i can chose to keep playing summoners rift... shame though... they could at least change the environment they dont even need to change the lanes n **** just a little bit of change

TJPetrakis

08-05-2011

yep basically just recognized that I made myself look like a total idiot

StunLocks

08-05-2011

people are going to start the game playing this game mode, then switch to summoners rift and feed so hardcore it wont even be funny. can we make this a level 30 only game mode?

chuck normis

08-05-2011

Quick after we cap blacksmith everyone rush to farm so we can 5 cap easy.

TJPetrakis

08-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoutzHonor View Post
people are going to start the game playing this game mode, then switch to summoners rift and feed so hardcore it wont even be funny. can we make this a level 30 only game mode?
good idea.