Dominion and boots

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Runix

08-05-2011

The problem with removing Boots of Mobility is that it makes Yi and Teemo more powerful, not less. When other players can't match the base movespeed of a Champion, quick boots help close the gap. The more they remove mobility-enhancing items, the more it empowers the Champions who already have it built in (oh hi, Miss F!)

XxURxBURNTxX

08-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runix View Post
The problem with removing Boots of Mobility is that it makes Yi and Teemo more powerful, not less. When other players can't match the base movespeed of a Champion, quick boots help close the gap. The more they remove mobility-enhancing items, the more it empowers the Champions who already have it built in (oh hi, Miss F!)
ok i see what your saying but, if they leave those items in dominion, it will surely lead to one team or the other being in game with a clear MS advantage.. and if you cant keep up with the at any point with any boots, then why would they allow it?
if they want balance they will have to modify all of the MS enhancing items.

teemo, miss fortune, yi, GP, will all have an advantage of sorts, but then again we dont know what the meta is going to be for this game mode, so its hard to say that their MS enhancing ability will be good for them and the team.

i just dont want to see yi with 550 MS, or any of the above listed champs for that matter

Magma Armor0

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2011

even if you get a really high movespeed, backdooring still takes a while. taking it solo will take 10 seconds to turn a point neutral and another 10 to capture...meanwhile the other team realizes what you're doing and sends 2 people over to gank you....I see it being important but not OP

MalHeartsNutmeg

08-05-2011

I think people are looking too much into mobility being OP.

I would imagine capturing a location would be rather slow if it were only one person, with the speed increasing with the more of your team there, just like most other 'King of the Hill' type games.

Even if its not slowed for lower amounts of people, it was written somewhere that you have to deactivate the location from enemy to neutral, then to ally, so its not like people will just capture without giving you any chance to defend.

Agg

08-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magma Armor0 View Post
even if you get a really high movespeed, backdooring still takes a while. taking it solo will take 10 seconds to turn a point neutral and another 10 to capture...meanwhile the other team realizes what you're doing and sends 2 people over to gank you....I see it being important but not OP
I think one site claimed it takes from 4-10 seconds, depending on the number of champions capping.

That means with 5 champs camping a point, it takes 20 "teamseconds" to change it 1 state, whereas 1 champ capping a point solo takes 10 "teamseconds" to do it.

Magma Armor0

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agg View Post
I think one site claimed it takes from 4-10 seconds, depending on the number of champions capping.

That means with 5 champs camping a point, it takes 20 "teamseconds" to change it 1 state, whereas 1 champ capping a point solo takes 10 "teamseconds" to do it.
a good point, but the point still stands that it will take you 20 seconds to turn a point solo. SOMEONE on the enemy team should be able to reach you by then.
especially since they'll see you coming due to the lack of fog of war on the outer circle.

Agg

08-05-2011

Quote:
a good point, but the point still stands that it will take you 20 seconds to turn a point solo. SOMEONE on the enemy team should be able to reach you by then.
especially since they'll see you coming due to the lack of fog of war on the outer circle.
well right, there are pros and cons to attempting to solo grab a node. this makes for an interesting tactical decision on whether to stick around with someone else, or have say, 2 of your teamates defend one node, 2 attack another, while you go try and ninja a third.

maybe you should have stayed to defend, or gone to attack, or maybe ninjaing was the right call.

WHO KNOWSSSSSSSSSSS?!?!?!?!

Also, i'm pretty sure the middle is standard jungle in that there are ways to move through it, and with no wards, do so without being seen.

Magma Armor0

08-05-2011

Quote:
well right, there are pros and cons to attempting to solo grab a node. this makes for an interesting tactical decision on whether to stick around with someone else, or have say, 2 of your teamates defend one node, 2 attack another, while you go try and ninja a third.

maybe you should have stayed to defend, or gone to attack, or maybe ninjaing was the right call.

WHO KNOWSSSSSSSSSSS?!?!?!?!

Also, i'm pretty sure the middle is standard jungle in that there are ways to move through it, and with no wards, do so without being seen.
exact center of jungle has sight revealed. and no wards just means more CV/Teemo shrooms/JitBs/Cait traps/etc.

Agg

08-05-2011

Quote:
exact center of jungle has sight revealed. and no wards just means more CV/Teemo shrooms/JitBs/Cait traps/etc.
i saw the gameplay trailer, it looked like there was a pretty wide swath of non-vision in the center.

I couldn't tell for sure, but i'd imagine that there are paths there that you don't have to go into a visioned area unless you want to.

cait and nidalee traps are less good since they can be seen and avoided, but yes, quasi-ward champs may very well have added significance, and i'm ok with that.

Magma Armor0

08-05-2011

Quote:
i saw the gameplay trailer, it looked like there was a pretty wide swath of non-vision in the center.

I couldn't tell for sure, but i'd imagine that there are paths there that you don't have to go into a visioned area unless you want to.

cait and nidalee traps are less good since they can be seen and avoided, but yes, quasi-ward champs may very well have added significance, and i'm ok with that.
the exact center is constantly revealed to show when someone is picking up the superbuff.
and there are paths with no vision, correct. but they're slower.