magma chamber-.-

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Flodoard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2011

Even if it doesn't have a great feel, if they've spent all that time and effort on it, then why not just release it?
I'm pretty neutral on it because it is baiscally just summoner's rift on fire, but still, why not have it if it exists?

fmwyso

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twister1245 View Post
O.o mind sending a link our way?
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/04/le...inion-preview/

Quote:
"Basically, we got Magma Chamber to a point where it wasn't what we wanted to do the most," says George. "We sat down and we said, what do we really want to add to League of Legends? Not only do we want to add a map, but we want to add a game style within the MOBA genre that's going to continue to innovate in the space."

Koarth

Recruiter

08-05-2011

Quote:
This, to me, doesn't say cancelled.

This says shelved. Throwing away assets doesn't make sense unless they completely f'd up somewhere in terms of an overlook, or it's technically impossible.

I'd bet that we'll still see Magma Chamber, but not until Riot has enough employees to where they can add extras without letting the game fall behind (read: innovation, as mentioned).

HatLlama

08-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twister1245 View Post
they probably have a different team working on that, as they have a different team working on that new crystal scorpion champion etc etc
Wrong. So wrong. The project never left it's conception phase, they released the artwork just to get people excited. It's not coming out.

2Gud4Ya

08-05-2011

k fine 2...

Bomb in lasagna

08-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Gud4Ya View Post
k fine 2...
Somebody just got home from summer school.

Ex Girlfriend

08-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBeNirvana View Post
Magma Chamber was shelved because it didn't change gameplay enough. It's not canceled and they may still come back to it, but don't expect it. If this catches on, expect more new modes than new maps for old modes.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1056624

Akilroth

08-05-2011

I would MUUUUUCH rather Dominion than Magma Chamber.

There is not alot of creativity you can work out with lava and molten rock

kudava

08-05-2011

Magma chamber looks so much better than this trash..no neutral creeps give me a break.

Bomb in lasagna

08-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by kudava View Post
Magma looks so much better than this ****..
I like how you can compare a map that all we have seen are concept drawings to a map/mode that we have game play videos of.