A guide to Twisted Fate - The Cardshark Gankmaster

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OrthodoxChaote

05-04-2010

You know, everyone says Malady rush sucks but I've had nothing but hilarious success with it. Don't get it against Karthus and you're fine. Anyway, my build is pure AS/Armor Pen, with a focus on Sword of the Divine/Stacked Deck procs as frequently as possible.

Malady (If you don't feel ballin' enough to get away with it, go Philosopher's Stone instead)
Boots (swap out whenever)
Zeal
Sword of the Divine
Last Whisper
Zeal > Phantom Dancer
Black Cleaver

If the game's still going,
a) It's taken way too long
b) You've probably got a ****load of kills at this point. Swap out Malady for bloodthirster. Take a slight AS hit, but, it's worth it.

But ****, I also max Wildcards first for low life Destiny ganking. I get a pile of kills this way because queue up a gold card, destiny onto someone with low life, gold card, wildcards, and they're dead before the goldcard ends. Nothing they can do.

I do like 3 things at least that everyone says is bad, but it works for me, so, take from it what you will.

Arazu

05-04-2010

i used to rush sword of the divine, but ive since swapped it for last whisper

its damage gets greatly reduced by magic resists, and it doesnt proc against towers anymore (sadface)

only time i get it now is if theyve got a jax to stop him dodging PaC (and coupled with bloodrazor he tends to go down quite fast)

OrthodoxChaote

05-04-2010

True, but, it diversifies your damage a little bit. They wanna tank you make 'em earn it with armor AND resist.

As I said, it's worked hilariously well for me. Particularly when my AS ends up at like 2.4something

Cyborg Seadog

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-04-2010

I have been on the fence with Malady. I have decided that I'll get it if there are other right click heroes that will not get it, like ashe, jax, or shaco. If I team with Twitch or Trist who gets malady, I will not.

I tried SotD, and found it rather weak; it is good for TF, but I will only use it to counter high dodge, Like Jax or Sivir.

I stay away from Last Whisper because I get Black Cleaver, but if you won't get BC, the Last Whisper is really good. If I get malady, I will go Malady -> boots -> Nashor's -> Black Cleaver.

If I don't get Malady, I still start with Vamp Scepter for lane stay ability, then go boots -> Nashor's and either Phantom Dancer or Stark's, depending on the circumstances. Then go Black Cleaver.

So my typical trend is 2 attack speed items then Black Cleaver. My favorite attack speed item for TF just happens to be Nashor's Tooth.

OrthodoxChaote

05-04-2010

I really dislike Nashor's. Like, a lot. I like Divine because it jacks up the attack speed and adds to the procing of Stacked Deck.

I also get both LW and Cleaver. I attack super-fast with lots of procs for non-impressive damage per hit, but with very high penetration. Basically each hit isn't incredible but there's so many so quickly with powerful procs that punch through armor.

It works for me. All I can honestly say to recommend it. With the full build by the end of the game I can usually kill lower HP heroes by the end of Gold Card, or moments after, which is extremely demoralizing.

Cyborg Seadog

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-04-2010

Nashor's Tooth provides everything TF needs. Primarily, 50% Attack speed. It also has 55 AP, which isn't tremendous, but it adds a bit more punch to your Pick a Card and Stacked Deck. It also has Mp5, which is not all that necessary with blue cards, but if you never have to throw a blue card, are you not better off?

Last and certainly not least: 25% CDR. This, in combination with Stacked Deck, will put you at the magic number: 40% CDR. This means you Destiny every 54 sec and Pick a card every 3.6 seconds, not to mention when you hit 13, you can start tossing Wild Cards in there as well.

Now about LW and BC: what we have here is a blatant mechanical inefficiency. Due to the order that Armor penetration or reduction effects are calculates, Black Cleaver greatly undermines the effectiveness of Last whisper. Sure, LW will still do something, but you have gimped your own build when you do that.

If you like Divine, let's take a look at Malady.

In 4 attacks, Divine will net 100 damage. In Malady's first 4, you only get 50, but the next 4 give you 115, and every 4 after that give you 120. It only has 5% less attack speed PLUS it has 15% Lifesteal.
But WAIT! IT GETS BETTER! Malady will also give this damage to YOUR TEAM, where SotD only helps you.
Malady Costs 1890, SotD costs 2170. So not only is the math for Malady better, it actually costs less.

The only reason, as I stated before, to get SotD is to combat those dodgy folks.

FishDeLaMuerte

05-04-2010

I picked up TF about a week ago when he was free. I've been doing decent with him but I have noticed what most guides lack: AD. The reason Malady is horrible on TF is that its all speed. He is so squishy that he won't get off that many hits before he gets dropped in a gank/teamfight or even a 1v1. We all know that Burst dmg>Sustained dmg. I build for AD and I simply nuke down AS TF's for that simple reason. Sure he attacks fast but its like throwing 10 ping pong balls vs. 1 bowling ball. I don't know about u guys but I would rather have the bowling ball.

LÍDÍrp

05-04-2010

all very good points, im going to try loading AS and AD only, does Malady's Dot stack?

like what if i went:

Boots of Swiftness
Malady
Malady
Lastwhisper
Phantom Dancer
Infinity Edge

this has medium AD and HIGH AS as long as Malady's DOT stacks, if not i would go:

Boots of Swiftness
Malady
Lastwhisper
Lastwhisper
Phantomdancer
Infinity Edge

im not completely sure wich items stack up on eachother but i want medium AD and very high AS like, i want it so you can do at least 200 - 400 dmg a second with normal attacks, i use cards at every oppertunity, and i use destiny when i go into a gank, so i can see where the enemies are and if i need to gate away to safety.

im not

Cyborg Seadog

05-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishDeLaMuerte View Post
I have noticed what most guides lack: AD. The reason Malady is horrible on TF is that its all speed.
The problem with statement is that it is false. Malady will add damage for you AND FOR YOUR TEAM. That is what makes it really tough to evaluate, the fact that having a Malady on a team makes burning people down happen a lot faster. But as I have said before, its value decreases if you are the only right click hero on your team.

You go on writing ignoring what had been already said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg Seadog View Post
So my typical trend is 2 attack speed items then Black Cleaver.
Damage is excellent, but TF benefits more from attack speed than other right clickers because of stacked deck. Getting 4-6 "ping pong" attacks during a gold card would total the same damage as 1-3 "bowling ball", but will also proc a few stacked decks, which would tip the scales, so to say.

That being said, I go 2 attack speed items, then BC. Mainly because once you get that attack speed, you can layer on those BC stacks extra fast, which will also help your team focus a person down.

Hamsteaks, stacking Malady's only makes you apply 2 stacks per hit, but the cap is still 6, so it is not worth it. (the same principle applies to Black Cleaver) For most other items, the effects listed after the words "UNIQUE PASSIVE" will NOT stack.

For example: Last Whisper "+20 Attack Damage +40% Attack Speed UNIQUE Passive: Attacks penetrate 40% of the defender's armor."
Having 2 LW's will net you +40 damage, +80% Attack Speed and +40% Armor pen, not +80% Armor Pen, or else it would be OP.
Due to this, stacking LW is also not worth it.

As far as general synergy in your build, if you are going to go IE, don't get Malady. Malady adds magic damage, which won't benefit from the crit nor the crit damage of IE. If you still want lifesteal, consider Stark's or Executioner's Calling.

Hope that helps.

LÍDÍrp

05-05-2010

What i want is like Very high AS and medium to high AD, nothing else, just so my cards do good dmg and my normal attacks are insane.

Like what about:

Malady
Lastwhisper
Phantom Dancer
Boots (depends on enemy team ect)
Black Cleaver
Infinity Edge

(Not in that order)

this has basically everything i want, wich i like...

or if i wanted attack speed and crit chance.

Boots (depends on enemy team ect)
Malady
Lastwhisper
phantom dancer
infinity edge x2

this would be awsome, i think i like this build best and im going to try it out ASAP anyonme agree?