A guide to Twisted Fate - The Cardshark Gankmaster

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LÍDÍrp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-04-2010

Twisted Fate - The Cardshark Gankmaster

First things first, Twisted fate is a very delicate sonofabeetch, if you dont know were to gate to, were to be and were to aim ALL the time, Twisted Fate is NOT i repeat NOT!!!!!! for you...

He takes carful planning, extreme tactics, and a VERY helpful team to work properly, since his change he has become very item dependant and deals less dmg than he used to.

RUNES!!!!

something like:

9x Glyph of Crit Chance
9x Seal of Attack Speed
9x Mark of Attack Damage
3x Quissitence of AP at 18

that looks good to me has a bit of everything, feel free to focus on one of them, he needs each of these to a degree but if you feel like focusing on one then by all means.

SUMMONER SPELLS!!!!

Personally i use heal and ignite, heal for early game help and survivability, ignite for late game ownage, use whatever you like!.

GAMEPLAY!!!!

Ok so personally i start off buying a vampric Scepter and a mana potion. i usually solo mid as TF so this works well.

my ability tree goes like this:

(1) pick a card x1
(2) stacked deck x1
(3) pick a card x2
(4) stacked deck x2
(5) pick a card x3
(6) destiny x1
(7) stacked deck x3
(8) pick a card x4
(9) stacked deck x4
(10) pick a card x5
(11) destiny x2
(12) stacked deck x5
(13) Wild cards x1
(14) wild cards x2
(15) wild cards x3
(16) destiny x3
(17) wild cards x4
(18) wild cards x5

i go like this because Wild cards, kinda suck... it does very low dmg early and mid game so i forgo it until late game when its useful with items.

So on to build, the complete build is:

-First build a Malady
-Then go for boots depending on enemy team
-Then go for lich bane
-Then i go for Phantom Dancer
-Then Frozen Heart
-Lastly ill start to build a Last Whisper, if there is time, with this your attacks are even faster and they go through Armor, so tanks can really get their asses handed to them late game.

This is a nice build that i find works VERY well, some people may disagree buti do not, the cost i find isnt that high.

14685 Gold altogether, Medium amount but not to high.

If you find an item better or one of these times isnt that good, please POST and we will discuss it.

EARLY GAME!!!! (lvl 1 - 6)

So lets think of this as "Solo mid TF" , there isnt anything to worry about, if your like me and get 9/10 Gold cards then awsome, Most of the time i go for Red card, red card heals you and slows and hits surrounding enemies so you can hit a minion to slow a champion, gold card is good for chasers or runners, i pop a gold card onto them to get away or to kill em as they run away, lol.

so basically as mid you stay far away from the champion as you can but stay close enough to the minions to get exp when they die, use your red card on groups on close minions or to mind f*** a champ into thinking your going for him.

***NOTE***

Champions to watch out for in MID...

HEIMERDINGER, his turrets eat you insanely until about lvl 12 when you have lvl 5 in stacked deck, once u have that even with his ult you can take 3 turrets with almosed no health lost.

@SS!!! (Ashe) i hate @ss, she has unbelieveable stopping power, when i started she was all i played, she was just to easy to play, with twisted fate, if she can get close enough to you and get ya with her slow she can hurt you... alot... and if you happen to flash away she can stop ya with her ult, destiny is a good idea if she gets close to you, her slow cant hurt you if your in another lane instantly or close in the bushes .

TRISTANA, she may look ******ed, but until late you you CANT HURT HER, she hurts you more than anything you could hope for, and she has a anti flee jump, although at lvl 12 she becomes nerfed against you, lvl 18 vs lvl 18 i always rape her, i have no idea why but with a gold card u cab hit her for halh her hp with 1 att, and then wind card her for the kill, i dont know why but it always happenes.

***END NOTE***

MID GAME!!!! (lvl 7 - 12)

now the fun begins, by now you should be raking in the kills, ganking like a star and owning fools .

so basically avoid teamfights if you can, your squishy and they will target you everytime, instead stay in the bush a little behind the enemy team, and watch the enemies closely, if they have 10% HP and running get a card ready, any card, and when they get close enough hit them with it and normal attack for the kill. one or 2 may run back to find me, if you see this, hit your ult and if there getting close gate behind them and attack the ones they have left to there deaths and run back to spend the money they handed to you so willingly.

If none came back then gate behind your team and attack with your pick a card. if they start to target you fall back, but dont run completely away.

END GAME!!!! (lvl 13 - 18)

Now gank away people, kill those enemies that try to go single and lvl up, otherwise stick with 1 - 3 teamates, and once everyone is lvl 18 go get Baron and go win...

Not much else you can do but support, never go alone unless you have your ult, if your running through the jungle, use it to see were the enemies are, if they are watching their teamate try to lvl, avoid them or call a gank, if hes completely alone, kill his @ss for being stupid once u have close to your full build then you will start being awsome, every min you have destiny and your abilities become insane powerful.

Eventually you will win or loose but eventually the game will end, win or loose your getting that much better with TF, has fun peoples
And let the Cardshark live on!!!

PS: if anyone has any suggestions for the guide please post, i want everyone to know the FULL potential of the current TF, if you flame i dont give a ****, i just want people to know how awsome TF is currently.

Arazu

05-04-2010

why lichbane when youre not building any other ap items?

DayInTheSun

05-04-2010

Weren't you asking about how to play TF a couple of days ago?

Arazu

05-04-2010

yesterday infact lol

LÍDÍrp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-04-2010

I was asking for helpful tips a few days ago yes, but i talked to my brother who told me a few things and made me even better with TF. And Lichbane because its awsome, unless you have a better item to replace it ...

Cyborg Seadog

05-04-2010

Get Nashor's instead of Frozen heart. Either one will get you max CDR, but Nashors is much much better for TF. (This will also make your Lich Bane seem like less of a waste.) Also, get Nashor's right after Malady and boots. Having the Max CDR early allows less than 4sec pick-a-card's as well as a small destiny CD.

This allows you to use TF for what he does best: map control.

wheelo

05-04-2010

If I made a malady (which you should NOT be buying on TF ever) 1st, then a lich bane, then a phantom dancer, and finished it off with a frozen mallet.

my team would flame the *&@$ out of me for being a noob.

not a very clean guide.

Im curious, how much experience do you have playing this game? (# of games played, w/l record)

LÍDÍrp

05-04-2010

Iv played about 30 games or so by now, and that is why i said IN the guide " IF YOU KNOW OF A BETTER ITEM PLEASE POST" thats what i mean, if you dont agree with an item post a better item,

and what about this for item builda and it isnt in order:

Nashors tooth
Phantom Dancer
Boots
Lich Bane
Frozen mallet
Leviathan

does this work?

And thank you cyborg seadog, i agree with you

Does anyone have a better TF build than the above one?

El Duderino420

05-04-2010

sheen would probably hit close to what lich bane does without any other ap items

Arazu

05-04-2010

i would recommend triforce over lich bane, it has more synergy with the rest of your items

youre building a lot of attack speed and not much damage, imo youre better of building some damage as you get a nice attack speed boost from stacked deck, i find Last whisper alone is enough

just finished a game where i went 22/9/12 with:

madreds bloodrazer (bought the 1K item early then finished late)
boots of swiftness (but swap out when appropriate)
sword of the occult (due to nom nom)
Bloodthirster
frozen mallet

masteries i used 9/21/0 to help with tf's incredibly squishy early game

edit: also if youre unsure on how to use a champ and have already made a thread asking for suggestions, maybe keep it in the same thread next time rather than writing a guide about it