Am I allowed to make suggestions?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Towel

08-04-2011

I haven't read too much into it, but I was talking with a friend, and came up with the idea that as you capture points, you get a debuff to your stats, say like, 5% to all stats (or something else that makes more sense). That way the game doesn't get extremely one sided.

Just a thought

DalmPalm

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2011

IMO this would cross the line from not snowballing to not going anywhere. I personally think Riot has already done a good job in making sure there are comebacks and less snowballing, but we will see.
+ if there's a bigger chance of getting wiped trying to take a capture point, then it might promote passive play. Just my 2 cents.

Brackhar

Features Designer

08-05-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

While not a bad idea, it's always better to give players buffs instead of nerfs. You'd accomplish exactly the same thing by having the opposing team gain 5% to all of their stats, so why not just do that?

That being said, that's a pretty in your face mechanic that actually might make you feel bad about accomplishing the main objective of the map. Better to be more subtle about stuff like this.

TigStripe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2011

More subtle? How about reducing the amount of time it takes to capture an enemy's tower if you have less towers under your team's control? Like 10% less time, or something small. And the amount of towers wouldn't matter - if your team has less, you capture slightly faster, in a sort of "sense of urgency" way.

sharoon

08-05-2011

Honestly i don't think anything like that would be needed. Because the move points you hold the more spread your team is going to be figure you would need to leave someone behind to guard it. that's just my thoughts on it though.