All this new content and I'm still dissappointed...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FinaIe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2011

Dear Riot,

I won't ever play dominion; ever. If I ever get the inkling to go play dominion I'll load up another free game, it's called team fortress 2. This game mode will have alot of problems that really hinder it to us more hardcore players. I'm happy people that have gotten bored with the original will have something to play, but here's some of the things that I feel will really constrict it.

1. lack of brush - from the sky end view it seemed there were no brush making some passives and playstyles for champions null and void and totally unplayable, assassins mostly. Nidalee is even hurt since her passive in unusable.

2. Too open - It comes with the territory I know but the whole fact that there's no jungle or paths make it's a dream come true for speedy champions like Yi, He'll play the role of the scout and run take points while others are distracted. This goes back to the assassins they have no where to hide as their play style was DESIGNED for it.
Ranged will also be useless unless they have a built in escape and i mean a big escape...or have the ability of team wide cc[not ashe even she will be useless on this map] as she can just be corned by say xin, gragas,... basicly anyone with a dash that includes cc in their kit as well.

3. Design issues - Too many champions have traditional league in mind, and I will admit the newer champions actually have a place in dominion,[as this would be around the time champs introduced when dominion was would be released.] but others don't, supports have really no place on this map I.E back to the too open complaint.

4. Balance disaster - I know you said you have plans, but I have little hope of them working, Tanky dps are just gonna dominate. Now this wouldn't be a problem if you said every champion would be made viable on crystal scar. Now I see that and I laugh at it. Unless you make 2 seperate balance changes every 2 weeks dominions going to go the route of 3v3 but worse since it's a DIFFERENT GAME. This is why MMO's have a hard time balancing[as stated by a red i think it was morello but I can't exactly remember] since they have to balance for both pvp and pve. Some games fix this with things doing different things in pvp than pve. Other companies don't even wanna touch it, funcom even stated themselves they would never balance for 1v1 fights on anarchy online, because it's too difficult to juggle.

In the end I'd rather had had magma chamber than Crystal Scar, and I actually thought the lore leading up in kalamandra would fit magma chamber in...instead I get a disappointment. And if people are raging now the people that have been asking for an ARAM map for longer than dominions been in production will.

from the guy who's been playing since garen came out,

Jeffrey "FinaleJ" Houser

HeyItsMeh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2011

There is brush, it was shown in the IGN video.

Also, it's no more open then a lane. The width of the outer circle is about the same as a lane in SR, so you don't need to worry about it being too open. If a tanky dps jumps on your carry and she dies, she woulda died in SR.

They've worked really hard on balancing it, it's unfair to say some things will be op/up without trying it.

Zeta

08-04-2011

Dude, assassins and mobility Champs are going to be the core of Dominion's gameplay. Think.

BadgerBarrage

08-04-2011

There is brush so no reason to worry on that account.

Check out this thread for more information.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1056601

Edit: As the people above me said, assassins seem like they could thrive on this map. Look at the two video interviews (I think both links are in that forum post) as they offer significantly more gameplay than the teaser.

Kraxik

08-04-2011

First of all, this is long and I only read the first paragraph. Second, I'm glad to see that you can judge this game mode on it's faults before every trying it, and just basing this off a few videos that we've seen so far.

Also, It's for fun. I don't get "Hardcore" players, and I don't think I ever will. It's a game, enjoy it.

Arezslan

08-04-2011

ITT: Queue to the Queue.

AMP482

08-04-2011

1. There is brush.

2. The jungle in the center isn't any more "open" than the jungles of Summoner's Rift.

3. Not every single champion will be useful, but most roles should be. Janna for instance, as a support, could push people away from a turret with her ultimate.

4. Balance could be good, could be bad. It's all speculation at this point. Worry about it later.

You get a new map and a new game mode, yet you still ***** about Riot not giving anything.

FinaIe

08-04-2011

Actually think about it...bruisers with mobility[singed and udyr come to mind] will dominate more than assassins... assassins rely on ganks. tanky dps rely on outliving the fight, so basicly if you can force another team to leave a point and can hold and retake the point multiple times with little effort then you're screwed. And also another thing I'll mention is that games will go to fast my biggest problem with capture points on tf2 is that it's too fast for a match. It's the whole gradual progressiont that makes league fun for me. I don't wanna play some cheap king of the hill knock off.

Magma Armor0

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alidardeath View Post
There is brush so no reason to worry on that account.

Check out this thread for more information.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1056601

Edit: As the people above me said, assassins seem like they could thrive on this map. Look at the two video interviews (I think both links are in that forum post) as they offer significantly more gameplay than the teaser.
you linked my thread! I'm honored

FinaIe

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMP482
You get a new map and a new game mode, yet you still ***** about Riot not giving anything.
I'm not dissing the fact that they gave something. It's just the whole fact that it's something I don't want. Like I said I foretold the kalamandra story line to bring in magma chamber[and i'm not alone it was on the league of legends wiki that it could be a possibiltity] months ago. This thing...it's kinda like getting cool clothes for christmas when you really wanted that N64, the cool clothes aren't bad but I wanted the N64. So yes if I could regift dominion I would.

Also I am QQing, I don't see why I can't complain about a game I like....I was constructive I gave pros and cons.

Edit: also note I sure in heck don't expect myself to stop dominion, no I'm not that arrogant, I just thought I put my words into a message to the community and to riot to see that this game mode might fail, and that hype isn't everything. Maybe I just hate change that way. And personally If something doesn't look fun I won't give something a try, just because something is innovative doesn't mean it's fun, and if something isn't fun they I won't play it. Cuz games are for fun, not designing game engines and game modes.