What Is It Now?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Defhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

05-04-2010

See, I had that "launcher experienced an error, bla bla bla" and in a post a Wrenchman said that I should use "Repair" option of setup exe.
Well I did use it than I tried to open my game but this time before even finishing it's update it said "All updates are compeleted". But here is the problem: "THE PLAY BUTTON IS STILL GREY AND I CAN'T CLICK IT!"

Really Riot, solve this problem now or you will have many leavers...

Eambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-04-2010

Hi Defhan,

The best way to resolve this issue is:

1) Uninstall LoL
2) Delete any leftover files/folders in the Riot Games/League of Legends Folder
3) Download Ccleaner and run the registry cleaner
4) Reinstall the game.

I know it's a hassle however this issue usually occurs when the patcher has either had an issue, or you have modified skinning files.

Defhan

Senior Recruiter

05-04-2010

You know what? I did what you said when I got the other problem and it didn't work! And I'm sick of re-installing and re-patching this game. If there is a way that I won't be have to patch it again from the beginning tell me. If not, then give me another solution pls...

Eambo

05-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defhan View Post
You know what? I did what you said when I got the other problem and it didn't work! And I'm sick of re-installing and re-patching this game. If there is a way that I won't be have to patch it again from the beginning tell me. If not, then give me another solution pls...
There is actually a patchless way, but you need to download it every time a new patch comes out. It's the standalone client, stickied in this forum. Comes prepatched and ready to go.

Defhan

Senior Recruiter

05-04-2010

Well that standalone client is pretty much at the same size. So I will be downloading the same thing. But tx anyway

Eambo

05-04-2010

Quote:
Well that standalone client is pretty much at the same size. So I will be downloading the same thing. But tx anyway

Yeah but as mentioned it's unpatchable :-(

Defhan

Senior Recruiter

05-04-2010

I have a question:

-Does Riot know about this "Custom Skin" problems?
-If they know, are they working on something to fix it?

Eambo

05-04-2010

Quote:
I have a question:

-Does Riot know about this "Custom Skin" problems?
-If they know, are they working on something to fix it?
They do actually. However custom skins are not endorsed or condoned, and are done 'at your own risk', so it's not really a Riot problem.

However there is a guide on how to correctly install custom skins without messing up LoL somewhere on these forums, not too sure where.

Rajik

05-04-2010

It is pretty simple. In the past, people would edit their HeroPak_Client.zip file to replace native skins with custom skins. It was then found out that the following works:

1) Navigate to \Riot Games\League of Legends\game\DATA folder
2) If Character folder does not exist in DATA folder, create it.
3) Inside the Character folder, create a new folder with the name of the Champion you are trying to skin (Note: This is not always the name of the champion, copy the name from the HeroPak_Client.zip file. I.E. Amumu's name is actually SadMummy)
4) Paste the custom skin files in to the folder you just created. You will now always see the custom skin and have no issues on patching.

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

05-04-2010

If the only problem you're having is the play button being grayed out, you may just need to turn on your active scripting,

1. Your Active Scripting is disabled, Go to Internet Options -> Security -> Active scripting (near the bottom) -> Enable -> OK. Restart the launcher.

Generally having a custom skin won't affect your buttons but will instead freeze your .game update in the patcher.

This is the guide Eambo was referring to, http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=77729