Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

So are you going to "Change" the IP system again.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ColdSnapQQ

08-04-2011

I really lost faith in your Riot, I highly doubt your going to actually let games mostly end at around 20 mins because then people can farm IP faster.

maxicus

08-04-2011

i think that is why they put IP on a timer.

more they likely they have a cap on how much IP you can get like in summoners rift. probably say 35 minutes.

(the reason i use this is that summoners rift is about a 40 min game and max time is 55 minutes so that is 15 buffer after which you get no more ip).

this does not include boosts or win of the day.

so a win is 8+ 2.71(minutes played) this is appx i would have to look up the real numbers but these are close from what i can remember.

so if you go max time 35 (avg game 20 minutes capped at 35).

that is ~103 IP.

as rift game at max time would yield 157 mins.
i am sure they will impliment a time cap on this to slow down the farming.

so there is no need to put change the IP system.

even at 20 minutes that is only 62.2. IP
you would need 2 games and win to average the same IP results of a win in summoners rift.

also you have to remember 20 minutes is the average. it could very well go over that against two really really good teams.

Polaritie

Recruiter

08-04-2011

I'm pretty sure they just have IP scale by game time up to a cap. So playing longer gives more, but winning faster gives even more still.

Drachenl0rd

08-04-2011

Quote:
maxicus:
i think that is why they put IP on a timer.

more they likely they have a cap on how much IP you can get like in summoners rift. probably say 35 minutes.

(the reason i use this is that summoners rift is about a 40 min game and max time is 55 minutes so that is 15 buffer after which you get no more ip).

this does not include boosts or win of the day.

so a win is 8+ 2.71(minutes played) this is appx i would have to look up the real numbers but these are close from what i can remember.

so if you go max time 35 (avg game 20 minutes capped at 35).

that is ~103 IP.

as rift game at max time would yield 157 mins.
i am sure they will impliment a time cap on this to slow down the farming.

so there is no need to put change the IP system.

even at 20 minutes that is only 62.2. IP
you would need 2 games and win to average the same IP results of a win in summoners rift.

also you have to remember 20 minutes is the average. it could very well go over that against two really really good teams.

My god... someone who has a brain and can logically think things through!... you sir, are a rarity on the internet...

to the OP.... if you read the original posts about the new IP system, the whole reason they wanted it was so they could add new game modes. So.. Short answer would be No... Long answer... No, now go empty your drool cup before it overflows onto your desk.

maxicus

08-04-2011

Quote:
My god... someone who has a brain and can logically think things through!... you sir, are a rarity on the internet...

sssshhhh don't tell anyone the internet is not for logic and reason only for EMO'ing. they might ban me.

2xHero

Recruiter

08-04-2011

Remember the IP rework FAQ?

Quote:
Tamat:

Q: What is changing with the new system?

A: The short answer is that IP and XP are now earned on a per minute of play basis. Winning will still reward you more than losing, but rewards should be a lot more even overall. Click here for a graph (http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/attachment.php?attachmentid=120444&stc=1&d=1297989515) that represents the differences between the old formula and new formula.

Q: Why was the system changed?

A: First - the old system was inflexible - it wasn't great with new maps (like Twisted Treeline) and new modes (like Co-Op vs. AI). With Twisted Treeline we did an inelegant solution (basically 30% less IP/XP) which actually discouraged play on the map. For the future new maps and modes we wanted something better.

Also we felt that the old system sometimes gave rewards that did not make sense. For example, if you were on the losing team, losing as quickly as possible was actually rewarded on an IP/XP per minute basis. Additionally, a really epic 60 minute game gave a very low IP/XP grant to all participants. This new system ensures that you will be fairly rewarded for your effort regardless of these sorts of particulars.

Q: We just destroyed an enemy team in 20 minutes, and got very little IP. What gives?

A: Because the system now awards on a per-minute basis, short games will give you less IP.

I don't think that Riot will IP system again because they originally changed the IP system to accommodate new modes. If Riot does not change them, Dominion will let you earn IP faster than on SR because two 25 minute games still give more IP than one 50 minute game with the new system. Riot won't go back to the old system because that would let us "farm IP too quickly." :/