Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Those who claim Dominion won't be as strategic as Summoner's Rift are dead wrong.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Silmerion

08-04-2011

Quote:
Kikinep:
Can i get upvotes up for no reason?
Sure.

BadgerBarrage

08-04-2011

Quote:
MissCheshire:
So.....are you saying that the mode will primarily be ruled by tanky DPS?

Ummm probably? I think there's a place for anyone with good map control+mobility (Nidalee, Teemo, etc.) but there are primarily two things that need to be done: Capturing points and holding points.

To capture a point a champion would need speed and the ability to get someone off the point if it's guarded. Tanky DPS generally have the enough damage to make them decent at this.

Holding a point involves being alive under the tower long enough for reinforcements to come, or to simply kill the enemy champ. Tanky DPS can take a lot of damage so I'd expect them to be able do well at this part too.

However, if the team is well coordinated I admit that there are a lot of other ways to cap a point. The expected cap time seems to be ~10 seconds for a single champ so if you can distract or incapacitate a champ for that long it doesn't matter what damage they can do or take.

As some examples: A Cass could defend a point by kiting in and out of range to drop poison on any enemies trying to cap. The poison would make them unable to cap until it stopped ticking and a good Cass could stay out of range while doing damage.

An Ashe could kite an enemy champ away from a point by making them look for an easy kill while an ally caps it from behind.

It should be possible, and maybe even better to use a variety of champs. I think Tanky DPS teams will still be rather effective and by far the most popular.

Edit: Assassins+Tanks/Support would also be good (or just straight assassins), but Tanky DPS are generally pretty good at standing up to assassins long enough to take them down. When defending a turret, even better.

Minor Pandemic

08-04-2011

Dominion is basically going to be Arathi Basin modified for the genre. Gameplay in Arathi Basin is compelling, highly strategic, fast-paced, and most of all, super fun. I expect Dominion will be the same way.