Dominion Colorblind Mode (R & G Beacons)

First Riot Post
12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IgnisPhase1

08-04-2011

Just noticed that you've got red and green beams for friendly and enemy beacons.

As some of your fanbase has already expressed that colorblindness is an issue, is there any way to add some other type of indicator. Since I noticed that they're red and green, clearly it's not for me.

I was just curious if you've got some sort of plan in mind for this. Maybe R&G aren't the final colors, or alternate symbols (an exclamation mark ring around beacons that aren't yours), something to consider.

Thanks! Dominion looks awesome, and I'd hate to see the RG colorblind people struggle through this awesome game mode!

Kelaedin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

08-04-2011

YES I can't tell the diff between red and green PLEASE make a colorblind option to switch to white and black or blue and red, something that is easily definable.

Gløry

08-04-2011

On the minimap I noticed that team-controlled points were green circles, and enemy controlled points were red hexagons.

YoshioPeePee

08-04-2011

they should make sure to have other visual cues to tell the difference between friendly and enemy besides colors

IgnisPhase1

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gl?ry View Post
On the minimap I noticed that team-controlled points were green circles, and enemy controlled points were red hexagons.
This is a good way on the actual map too. A full circle light border = yours, a hexagon light border = theirs.

That is a good way to distinguish. If the tower you're near has lines, bad. if it's rounded, good!

Excellent spot there, I missed that completely.

Veilen

08-04-2011

Easily solved by the aforementioned shapes around friendly/enemy controlled bases. Also, if the base has enemies and no allies you can safely assume that its not yours and you should gtfo before you melt in their hands. Not to mention the fog of war will cloud out anything that isn't under your control.

shadowblazr

08-04-2011

Just a quick question about red/green colorblind. How do you drive?

BadgerBarrage

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veilen View Post
Easily solved by the aforementioned shapes around friendly/enemy controlled bases. Also, if the base has enemies and no allies you can safely assume that its not yours and you should gtfo before you melt in their hands. Not to mention the fog of war will cloud out anything that isn't under your control.
I might be wrong...but I think you can always see all the capture points and everything in that outer ring.

ecstaSTEVE

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowblazr View Post
Just a quick question about red/green colorblind. How do you drive?
same way you do. oh colors, right. top=stop, mid=caution...

shadowblazr

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecstaSTEVE View Post
same way you do. oh colors, right. top=stop, mid=caution...
That just seems a bit confusing to me at least. Has it ever caused any problems or is the positions of the lights enough of a notification?

12345 ... 7